HomePokerGames Poker Forum

HomePokerGames Poker Forum (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   General Talk (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Who is your favorite player? (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=7)

HPG ADMIN 04-10-04 05:40 PM

Who is your favorite player?

FishyFlush 04-19-04 01:12 AM

Favorite player

Mine is by far, Phil Ivey. I am impressed by his ability to make a read on some, or anyone for that matter. I fail to see many mistakes come out of his play. A very talented rising star that you will see around for a long time.

P.S. I meant to say Chris Moneymaker. OPPPPPS!!!
Has anyone heard of how he has lost all of his WSOP winnings? Or is this untrue?

vertigo 04-20-04 02:20 PM

I have to go with Howard Lederer as my favorite. Just that stare alone must win him some hands. Seems to play at a high level no matter what.

HILSHY 05-10-04 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomePokerGames Admin

Hilbert Shirey

HILSHY 05-10-04 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishyFlush
Mine is by far, Phil Ivey. I am impressed by his ability to make a read on some, or anyone for that matter. I fail to see many mistakes come out of his play. A very talented rising star that you will see around for a long time.

P.S. I meant to say Chris Moneymaker. OPPPPPS!!!
Has anyone heard of how he has lost all of his WSOP winnings? Or is this untrue?

I heard he lost most of it at a home game but you know how those things spread.

kiddjason 05-25-04 08:49 AM

Not sure that I have a favorite per se. I have to say I like the conservative-aggressive players who select hands wisely but then bet them aggressively. Playing against guys like Hoyt Corkins and Gus Hanson would twist my guts out. They seems to always put opponents in uncomfortable positions on every bet. I admire analytical players like Barry Greenstein, Howard Lederer and Eric Seidel. Loose cannons turn me off (Hon Le, et al). Moneymaker was out of this year's WSOP within 40 mins, but it's hard not to give him props for last year's win. People write off a WSOP winner as lucky - that's nuts. No one can win in that size tourney without lots of hands that were "lucky".

acidburn 06-02-04 03:41 PM

My favorite all around player is Johnny Chan but Phil Lederer is right up there with him right now. If I had to learn poker from one person in the world, it would be one of those two.

AATennis 08-08-04 12:15 AM

Who else, Dutch Boyd :D
The guy is not only a genious, but he is fun to watch and entertaining, and to top it off, he is extremely good.

Icing on the cake: He is young, so get use to him... unless he goes bankrupt again with Rakefree.com.......... *knock on wood*

Goldenchild 08-11-04 01:30 PM

I am hands down a Daniel Negranu fan. He is a great player and on top of that he seems like a pretty down to earth guy.

Heaton 08-13-04 02:45 PM

Sammy Farha, if he would've gotten half the hands Moneymaker did he would've taken it home, hell even 10% of the hands.

nutem 09-02-04 12:13 PM

My favorite is Phil Hellmuth

1. Most Entertaining

2. Most people don't like him.

3. The stuff he says to people is hilarious.

4. Even though he gets pissed and whines alot he still plays consistant

5. One of the best players. He knows it, and isn't afraid to let you know it.

PokerEnterprises 09-02-04 02:11 PM

Daniel Negreanu

I really like the way he thinks and his play is very impressive to me. :)

goldmind 09-25-04 12:14 PM

Definetley Mike McDermott for picking up KGB's Oreo tell. LOL, j/k.

I don't really have a favorite player since I don't really watch much poker on TV. Besides, if you have a favorite guy, what do you do when you find yourself at the final table with him?

scoopin 09-28-04 03:59 PM

Phil Ivey, most exciting player to watch. Can really switch gears when he needs to.

Shamrock 09-29-04 04:37 PM

Daniel Negreanu

See above.

Chad 10-15-04 12:55 PM

Daniel Negraneau

Anybody who's descent can play the best hands like he does. But he has made some awesome lay downs. Some that I couldn't think about backing down from.
Anybody see the tournament of champions? He lays down a 2 pair when the flop is 3 clubs and Howard Lederer bets his flush. That takes skill. I wouldn't have been able to let that one go.

pjpocket 10-19-04 03:45 PM

Daniel Negreanu. No question. World class act.

Gocko1525 10-22-04 08:41 PM

Gus Hanson, I'm jelous of his amazing play with some not so amazying cards.

Unregistered 10-30-04 12:59 AM

barry grrenstein(sp) - thr robin hood of poker

Aburame Shino 11-03-04 10:13 AM

Can't beat Doyle Brunson.

Chad 11-03-04 11:30 AM

See, I think Doyle's sometimes too aggressive when he shouldn't be. But don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorites. Did you see him in the WSOP? He totally played Fishman. He bluffs him out twice and then burns him with pocket kings the third time. That was some great play. His only real weakness is that he doesn't change his gameplay up enough. He continues to play too aggressive even after he regains chip strength after being low.

Alaskan 12-03-04 06:32 PM

John Juanda. Good at a lot of games and has an interesting approach. His little facial ticks, gentleman-like attitude, expert play, two year old's voice, and gruesome stare down always makes me love to watch him.

Howard Lederer is up there too. Incredibly tactical and silent to the bone he is the player I want to be.

Begis 12-27-04 12:05 PM

Your Mom

Sam Farha. He can bluff amazingly with a 7 2 offsuit and make anyone think he has As.

jewcy 01-02-05 09:17 PM

best poker player

i cant believe no one has said this mans name

LAYNE FLACK!

this dude is great and one of the best young players out there who has made a name for himself

-numerous wsop bracelts (i think 5)
-2 wpt final tables (1 win)
-final table at all star poker at the plaza

this guy is sick, and hopefully his absence from this years wsop and wpt wont be3 a recurring event because this guy is world class

The Genius 03-27-05 05:46 PM

Phil Hellmuth, just because he reminds me of myself when I play, because he gets so pissed.

Unregistered 04-13-05 03:23 AM

e-dog erick lindgren a young upcoming rising star that is a class act.
also was the wpt player of the year.

brian2480 05-27-05 11:08 PM

Daniel Negranu

Unregistered 05-28-05 08:31 AM

how does no one say action dan harrington ke will make it to the final table for the fourth year in a row win or lose to make it again which he wil is simply pure talent

Unregistered 05-28-05 12:37 PM

willyswonder

Daniel Negraneau

TOTAL CLASS ACT

Unregistered 05-28-05 02:28 PM

dennis donnelly

i think dennis donnelly is going 2 be the best up and coming poker player he wss in the world series but got knocked out early on a lucky hand but he will be back next year