View Single Post
Old 02-28-05, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I see some of these comments as interesting...noone is going to post here saying how much money they have lost. First of all, unless you keep a record of all online and offline play you will never reallly know if your up or down. I know that each site keeps records but i guarantee everyone has taken a loss in some way. If you havent, you have not played enough. Otherwise, run dont walk, to the WSOP and I will see you on TV. Everyone who posts says that I won here and I won there, guess what? someone is losing big and it is not the everyday joe that logs on and says why not deposit $50 and see what happens. These guys lose once and uninstall the software. Sure there are some people that make a living with onlinepoker but it is very rare and sometimes not legit(aka party poker million that was proven to be rigged). Its very easy to forget those times where you lose and exagerate the times that you win. As far as tournament play online, it is fun and I recommend it. Can someone play in low limit and make money.....yes. In the long run though its not likely. Not because of the money but because once someone starts winning they think, that they are better than the hand that is dealt to them. Higher limit is different. If you are a by the book player and can lay down good hands it is possible. There is nothing better for an online player to play in some live tournaments because there is a huge difference. When i play in las vegas I am amazed at the amount of tourists who play, and how easy it is to win. When I play in my hometown, people who play are people who know poker and its much more difficult. This is just my view as I know that people who respond will believe how that they are great solid players that win............
very well put..i was just thinking the same thing before i read your post. especially the one guy who said he could "read online players" ... 98% of people playing poker, DO NOT know how to read someone, and when people think they do, they are way off base!