View Single Post
Old 05-26-08, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with Chad -- last night at a home tourney I was sitting on A-K and came in for 4 times the size of the big blind hoping to get a couple of people out (it was later in the game and blinds were pretty big on top of it). The flop A-4-5 I'm thinking who would call such a big preflop raise with a 2-3 3-6 or 6-7? I should be pretty safe. Turn card is an 8 I bet and get reraised. I think to myself, could it be? I look across at the novice I'm playing and lay down my big slick -- correctly, at least. Yup she called the pre-flop raise with 6-7 off suit. Why bother to raise the pot if folks think 6-7 os is such a premium hand?

Oh well. In the long run, loose players that over-value their hands make you money than cost you money but that is soooo aggravating to me!

Jen
Well in response to that. Different people like to play different hands. Some don't care they will bet anyway. I know people who will bet or raise anything just to push if they are up. Also you need to take into account how the cards are falling, what kind of flops your getting. If your getting a certain kind of flop consistently with low cards. 6-7 could be gold. It comes down to people and how they play their hand. With low blinds I would play 6-7 off and see a flop. but I would not call a raise with it. I like seeing flops, sometimes you get lucky and hit big.