Thread: Bad Beat Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-07-04, 09:17 PM
elvisbum

pokerstars

$20+$2 single table NL hold 'em tourney. Down to four players (3 pays) and the guy to my left has a monster chip lead that he's using to bully the rest of us out of our blinds on every single hand. The thing is though, he's actually calling with his garbage when he's reraised - just because he can afford to. I have already watched him double up the other two players this way. I catch Jh,Js in the big blind and like clock work this guy makes the minimum raise under the gun. The other two guys fold and I figure that, at best, this bully has either A - rag or K-rag and this may be my chance to double up so I reraise all-in. He calls and when I see that he's holding 2h, 2d I'm even more excited cuz he's only got two outs. The flop comes: Jd, 4c, Ad. I hit my set and I'm thinking that's the nail in the coffin. Turn comes 9d. River comes 5d. He wins with a diamond flush - deuce high! Now if he had caught a 2 and I didn't catch my J that's a different story that I don't bother telling because that will happen every now and then. But a flush!? What are the odds of that? And because he had deuces, the only way he could win with a flush is with exactly 4 diamonds on the board. 3 diamonds and the pot is mine. 5 diamonds and we split it.