View Single Post
Old 01-27-05, 06:55 PM
Chad

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mago
I love the bully. I sit in a ring game here in Dallas twice a week. Usually we have two or three real aggressive guys come in and start off immediatly raising the blinds. We play NL 1/2 and 2/5. They win the first round of betting , but if you play back at them when you are ready for a gamble they will stop the aggression after they have been beat. If you are afraid of the re-raise then you are not ready to gamble. These guys will test your resolve at the table, but if you play back at them, then they eventually stop the craziness. The main thing is that you have to show them that you are not afraid of the all in bet. If you are playing tournaments then this is your time to pick up some chips. Let them win the first round of blinds...let's see,ikely they will only win maybe 20.00 on the round because of the aggression. When it comes back to you in the blind and they are sitting on the button or before and they look to steal...raise them. Defend..not at all cost but put them on notice that you can't do that to me. If you can see the flop for cheap and it hits you pretty good. Such as AK AA KK even A Q , don't raise...let them raise and then you go over the top of them. Most likely they will then reraise allin and then the fight is on. Call them and may the best hand at the end win. You are going in the hand the better of the two.

What I am saying is contrary to some peoples theory...poker is and will always be a gamble. You just have to be willing to gamble all your chips. If 20.00 or 30.00 hurts then maybe it is not the game that you need to be in. I doubt it though, you seem to at least know a hand where your " buddy" does not. One thing he does know is if he bets then you all will fold. Stop waiting for the monstor and start challenging. Even if you get busted out, notice has been served. You will become the feared player at the table. respect is the only way you can " bluff". good luck and make some money.
Right on the money!