View Single Post
Old 07-29-09, 09:35 PM

BANKROLL $7233.20 (peak $8400)

Well, it took just just over a week for the cold run to back, AND IT'S BACK WITH AVENGANCE!!! Try not to moan too much but gotta let it out. It's 'the perfect storm' of all bad runs, and im still smack bang in the middle of it. The amount of cold decks and bad beats is at a level that most realistic people plain wouldnt believe and can totally understand why so many players think its rigged, 72hrs of utter inhialation of my bankroll. The most common beat in this bad run that has happened a whopping 6 times in 3 days is me flopping board trips top kicker, playing it fast on the flop, then opponants pocket pair spiking house on the turn, Im a rag-dole after that, most the moneys in and no way out, 6 times is sick, and thats just one example, the gut shots and plain COLD decks have been off the scale, a ridiculous 3 days and its still going strong.

I just finished a heads up cash game, playing 2x$50 and this hand came up, I was 80% sure i was beat cos how it played out and the fact that this opponant was tight as they come helped, but still called, this was the hand.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ME($60)
Opp($50)

Hand QK
i raise to $1
Opp reraises to $3.50
i call, pot($7)

FLOP K K 3

Opp bets $3.50
i call(to make my turn raise look like a steal) pot($14)

TURN 9

Opp bets $8
i call (suspicious of his big bet + if he's bluffing, keep digging!) pot($30)

RIVER 5

Opp checks
i bet $16
Opp reraises all in another $17
i call

Opp shows 99 for a full house
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now even though Im 80% sure im beaten, i only need to be right 20% to brake even, my thoughts were 'im beaten, im getting 4 to 1 on a call, his river reraise almost certainly means he's got it, but is there a 20% chance he's (a)crazy bluffing (b) shoved AA to get value if i have JJ type hand (c)shoving K with weaker kicker. I obviously I thought yes!

Any way since the poker gods picked me to be their chew toy for the last 3 days it has cost me $1500, ugh sick, and my bankroll stands at around $7k, so still standing strong aslong as this storm ends now! Worst part about it is that ive been playing probably the best poker of my life this week, managed to fold J high flush to Nut flush and my sick calls and bluffs are spot on, just been plain unlucky. I may have tilted slightly but dont think I donked much away, my main concern in these train wreck situation is to 'LOSE THE LEAST' just as important as winning the most in a situation.

I still keep taking money out my freaking bankroll which sucks, theres a real catch22 when building a bankroll. If you work, it grows to slow, if you play poker 24/7 you aint got no money to live on, so you bank out, and the bankroll still grows slow. Dying to up the stakes again but being held back by this, still, great getting the experience!