View Single Post
Old 08-06-05, 10:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to MDiscontent Send a message via Yahoo to MDiscontent
i went to vegas and hoped to find a couple great sets of playing cards.

visited [URL=http://www.gamblersgeneralstore.com/]The Gamblers Gneral Store[/URL] self-advertised as the the largest gamblers store.

i spent about an hour there and examined all thier cards. despite the store's reputation, i found that they didnt know that much about cards. the couple of people i talked to didnt know squat about the cards except to let me know which ones sold well.

i tested the KEMs and the COPAGs... and I liked the copags better. Bought me some of those. $14.77 for the 1 set of 2 decks. bought a poker regular and poker jumbo size.

The kems were the smaller bridge size and they felt way too flimsy and slippery - guess i have to work on my shuffling skills. but i had the most trouble shuffling these cards. Still, when you shuffled perfectly, there was that amazing sound.

I also bought their last pack of SUNNY PRO cards. never heard of them but when i tried them out, they felt even better than the COPAG cards. very crisp and harder than the copags. They, too, are 100% plastic.

Since then, i've played with both.

The COPAGs were damn slippery... made it difficult to shuffle.

One game with the COPAGs and then we used the SUNNY PROs the rest of the night.

So i urge everyone to try the cards out and find out which one is to your preference and liking before buying by brand name alone.