View Single Post
Old 08-19-05, 02:48 AM

Sidelined

I've been having back problems for about 2 weeks now, but I can honestly say that I have never experienced such excruciating back pain as I did last Sunday morning. I had a bunch of people over Saturday night to break in my brand new poker table I built with my friend Shakenbake. I usually deal all night, but about 10 hands in I asked Shake to take over. I was practically crying bent over trying to peak at my cards when I just gave up altogether. The next morning I felt as though I had been cracked in the back with a baseball bat. I checked with the doctor and she said that I may have a herniated disc. She gave me some weak pills and sent me home. I got some time off of work but it kinda sucks coz I cant play poker while I'm off. It just hurts too much to sit down, at a table or in front of a computer. I'm back to work now and my back feels much better. It still feels as though I have a board nailed to my back, but all in all everything's looking good.

It seems as if my shot at the Legends of Poker is over. Huh, not much of a shot at all really a total of 4 hours with only 1 at the satellite tables. Pathetic. I have been enjoying being at home with my wife and daughter especially after we have just purchased a big screen T.V.. I love HD and hopefully all stations start broadcasting that way. Maybe in about 7 to 10 years. Need to play more poker, I'm beginning to miss it.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 05-16-13 at 01:35 AM.