View Single Post
Old 12-31-05, 08:08 AM

Starting Fresh

The new year is just ahead and I'm pretty excited about my poker hobby. I have never kept a journal or spreadsheet of any sort for my poker play, it seems as if Im just to lazy to do so. I am determined, however, to start over from scratch in '06. I'm starting with $1k. I figure that I'm about $4k up right now from last year, so I'm taking $3k and blowing it on a great vacation around the end of January. Coincidentally, that's just when the L.A. Poker Classic is going on close to home. I plan on spending $400 on satellites (10 - $40 single table). and another $200 on the live No limit tables. I hope to win a seat to a main event, but if that doesn't materialize, then I will still have about half my bankroll left to get ustuck later in the year. I'm planning another vacation around WSOP time in June/July, and last chance at the Bicycle clubs many low limit tournaments towards the end of the year. Along with the many home games I play in, I am optimistic about making my goal of 20K from poker. As far as the internet, I've completely abandoned my PokerRoom.com account and very rarely play on UB anymore. Although I think that UB gives me the fairest play, I've devoted most of my time on FullContactPoker.com. I am a charter member and have been given many freeroll opportunities on that site. Im down $75 with about $150 in bonus dollars I have yet to attain. I hope they don't expire because I'm not reloading any time soon. I found out - a bit late - that FullContactPoker.com and PokerRoom.com use the same server/software/client/RNG etc. Just the graphics differ, but not much. I have Daniel Negraneau to thank for that little blunder.

I want to wish all of you good luck and many happy flops for next year. (that was kinda lame...sorry).

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 05-16-13 at 01:36 AM.