View Single Post
Old 02-15-05, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

was worth it to him to call

The key part of the original post that it seems no one is taking into account was the fact that he said himself "if I lose, big deal"... so for some reason it was worth the big preflop disadvantage to call. So my question is why the guy is even asking? If he's asking was he in a probable position to succeed, the answer is no, obviously. But for some reason, it was worth it to him to call. There is no right or wrong play when you take into account the "hunch" factor. He called because he wanted to play the hand, and to have a chance to secure second place. It was probably an impulse call, that he didn't give too much thought. He quickly goes through the setting: Two face cards, three handed, chance to take a guy out and probably have a big lead on the remaining player... or, if already behind, make up big time ground on him... saw he had a good pocket hand and called. Had he sat and thought about it for a few minutes (which he may have, but it isn't mentioned) I doubt he would've made the call. The call was most likely on an impulse or hunch, and he didn't care if he lost. For me, the players who don't care about losing are often the most dangerous to play against.