View Single Post
Old 05-22-09, 06:19 AM
Unconfirmed Email

Send a message via AIM to craftart2003 Send a message via Yahoo to craftart2003
Smile The Worst for me is...

Ok, first, I agree with ALL of you, from the jerks at the table, like the nates, are a dime a dozen, to the inside draws that make it, not just for 20 bucks, but for your whole stack when you flop top set!! but the WORST FOR ME is.....

No matter how hard I study, read, play, watch, adapt, etc.......

I find myself beating myself up, because if i "were that good" I should be able to lay down the hand when I KNOW im beat, odds or not, or KNOW when to get out, or KNOW NOT to SHOVE all in, because NATE WILL CALL and GET THERE!! AHHH!!!

For me its hard to know when you do lay down big hands, when you haven't seen a single pair ALL NIGHT, but the pots been triple raised by the worst players in the worst positions....

So yes, the bad beats suck, bad calls by people with no odds, no implied odds, no outs but 2 and get there, yeah, i want to kick the table over and drag them outside, but I say Nice Hand and move on to the next hand (which I think, table etiquette is super important, especially at "Someone" elses home game!)

But in the end, the desire to "Play Better" by putting in the effort, to lose to the hobbiest that doesn't care to get better, but just shoves, that does it for me...

Yes, I still study Yes, I continue to read up on strategy; i still approach the game with class and etiquette and I of course, still host a home game, which "Nate" frequents....

It's the love of the game, the strategy, the wins, the moves, the big hands that hold up, the tournaments we win, the extras we can afford because of all of this...that is why we play; that is why we CONTINUE to play despite all the rest

Good luck all, keep those emotions in check, and know that Nate make you look GREAT to your better half!!