View Single Post
Old 07-25-09, 12:12 PM

Cool Bodog Golden Seat - True Story

I've been reading a lot of threads lately about Bodog.. many folks say the site is rigged, with bad beats and even "Golden Seats".. I've also seen a lot of replies that talk about how you will see more hands, more loose players etc, so that bad beats can be expected.. I've been playing Bodog for a few months and I was starting to find myself in the "this can't be real" camp due primarily to frequency of monster hands. Time and time again, you would see a straight undone by a flush, undone by a boat, all in the same hand! So anyways, it all started smelling a bit fishy for my liking, then finally the proof came.. here is my story, it happened to me personally so I know it's true:
You know how the final winning hand is displayed with the active cards highlighted and the unused cards not-highlighted? Well, on the deal, I'm BB and I get 7/9os, 3 guys limp in and I check. Flop comes K/Q/6 and guess what, my hole 7/9 and the board 6 are highlighted on my screen, with board K/Q not-highlighted. First guy checks and next guy throws out 4x BB. Next guy folds and action to me: I'm thinking, "no way, but let's see", so I call. Next guy folds, so it's me and one other.
Turn comes and it's 10; the 10 is also highlighted on the board. Now I'm thinking "holy crap, it's really going to happen". I check and the other guy throws out a pot bet so I call.
River comes and sure enough, it's an 8 and it's highlighted. I throw out a weak bet and he goes over the top, with me re-raising to take his stack with his pair of Ks.
Up to this point, I had my doubts about this site, but this was blatant proof that something is just not right on the site.

Say what you will about bad beats, loose players, monster hands etc etc,, but when the software shows you that you have the winning hand before it's dealt, then I would consider that to be undeniable proof.. my only regret is that I did not do a screen capture while it was happening so that I could have posted it online, my bad.

I'd say "good luck on Bodog", but it's neither skill or luck on that site.