View Single Post
Old 06-28-05, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Actually, it was 1/2 no limit. Bankroll was sufficient for the days that I was playing. The post was not a cry for help but a "look what can happen " when luck takes over. Overly aggressive, no, in at the wrong time? no...just plain old bad luck. Temporary set back. Yes...I still play 1/2 no and 2/5 no...BTW never heard of 2/4 no, Limit yes, but not 2/4. I am still in the game and still palying the hands the way they should be played. If according to your play rules, you should never raise only call to see if you hit the flop with a pair or anything else suited? Tell me where you are playing and I will be there. You can not make money in this game with out being aggressive and potentially risking all your chips. In tournaments you play the cards. In cash games you play the player.
According to your theory I should lay down pairs if I don't hit a set? Come on...you know that is not good advice. If that was so then you would lay down Aces, or Kings. Don't think so. Or maybe you will if someone comes after you with a bet. Crazy man.
Don't feel sorry for me. My bankroll is a whole lot more than the 600.00 that I took to the game. I lost the 600.00 which was my starting limit and ending limit. Although I will rebuy if I think the game is good. Most sessions I can increase that 200.00 to 500.00 in about 3 to 4 hours of play, give or take. I then go home. I have had losing sessions, but had not had the losing sessions over a period of three days, with, well a sense " bad luck ". But that is poker. I had to take a week off before re entering the game. I am now back and winning and losing again, but not every session. Have regained my lost 600.00 back. Actually did that on one hand. Yesterday, I was dealt JJ and raised the pot. Had one caller. Pot now has 49.00 the original limpers and then my 20.00 raise and the one caller of my 20.00. Flop comes 5 4 9. I bet out 30.00 into the pot, he raises 70.00 more...I decide he thiinks I am on a bluff with something like AK. I call the 70.00...turn comes 2. I push all in he calls. I had 300.00 left in my stack he had 200.00 give or take. River comes Q. I take the pot. If I had played according to your advice, then I would have pansied out for nothing. This game takes guts. Play it like you have guts and you will be a winner. Don't wimp out just because someone has bet. Play the player, not the cards. Lesson over.
went back and read your post...you did give good advice. My apologies. Play little pairs carefully and make the draws pay dearly. As a matter of fact if you read my original post that is how I play. Sorry for the AA and KK comment. Doesn't sound like you will lay those down. : )