Thread: Bad Beat Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-05, 07:21 PM
the hound

homegame

after suffering my worst run since starting to play i decided to change strategies. so last nite we had a game between 8 of us all putting in £20 - big game were mostly students! anyhow it worked a treat- all nite i made call after call and found myself heads up against what i consider the most aggressive player we play with - believe me this guy goes all in so much u just cant get a fix on what he has! skillfully i played him down until i had about 80% of the chips. time to put the pressure on..........he goes all in with A9, i look down AK.....couldnt get my chips in fast enough......first card on the flop.......the nine! next all in i have AK again he has A6- flop 44J then another jack then a five .....split pot. then after wearing him down to about 10 percent of the chips i put him all in with K9 hearts he calls saying he is pissed off and just wants to finish it.............so he throws over his 89 off suit - i smile ---happy days ii think- my first win in over a month - i show him my k9hearts he leaves the room in disgust to go to the toilet and shaking my hand congratulating me on his way. he comes back and says \'how did it go\' the look of disgust in my dface said it all - the first card of the flop?....................an 8. after a few more hands he\'s up to about 35% of the chips. next i have pocket 5\'s flop the set - check he bets - i call ....i put him on top pair. flop was KQ5 , next card is a 2 again i check he bets. next comes up another queen - i\'ve made the house!!!!! i check he bets , i move him all in he calls........with a Q5 in his hand. next hand i get 66 with the price of the blinds i move all in he stays in with j9 and flops his jack!!!! not happy but hey thats poker!!!!!!!