View Single Post
Old 09-09-10, 05:04 PM

PS rigged - I think so

I have to agree, sadly, with everyone who believes Pokerstars is rigged. The most logical explanation is that they make money off the rake, and thus more players/more hands equals more profits. So, in a court of law, we would call that motive. There is a definitive motive behind keeping more players on the site betting more hands of poker.

The second misconception is the counter logic administrators give you when questioned as to whether or not hands "could" be rigged. I haven't been banned from PS yet, and I still play there. I have, however, obtained and reviewed hand histories. What you see is a disproportionate number of statistically improbable hands. What the PS admins tell you is that "the higher number of hands dealt online means you see more hands that seem to defy odds versus the lesser number of hands you will see in a live game." That's a direct quote from a PS admin.

The fact is that the HIGHER number of hands dealt actually favors the true odds. So, the longer you play on PS or any online site, the FEWER statistically remote, long odds hands you should notice.

Statistical probabilities prove more and more true over longer periods of time and higher incidences. In other words, the law of random events states that if a coin has a 50/50 chance of coming up heads or tails, then you could flip it 100 times and get 99 heads and only 1 tail. What would be the odds of heads or tails on the next flip? It is still 50/50. HOWEVER, if you flip that same coin 3 million times, you are MUCH more likely to see 1.5 million heads and 1.5 million tails. Will you actually see a true 50/50 "odds" correct split in 3 million flips of a coin? Probably not. But you would likely see 1.4 million heads and 1.6 million tails for example. And, in terms of documented science, after X million flips of the coin, you WILL inevitably see the odds prevail and achieve true 50/50 percent of heads versus tails. This applies the same to poker. The MORE hands that are dealt, the more times AK should beat 89. The MORE times AA should prevail over KK versus seeing that seemingly inevitable K on the river or four hearts that build a flush for the other guy.

Mathematical reality simply states: the more hands dealt, the FEWER statistically remote events you "should" see. Statistical PROBABILITIES should prevail over time and higher frequency.

Yet, PS admins tell you the opposite! Their logic is non-existent!

Over time, you see more suck outs, more quads, more boats, more quad 6s sucking out to beat trip Js. That kind of thing. I have seen WAY more statistically remote hands dealt over the past two years than reasonable.

WHY? Why would they risk the PS franchise by rigging the games? Go back to one simple thing: motive.

They rig the cards on PS and likely every other poker online site because PEOPLE are not equal in the real world. If the true 10 - 20% of serious and skilled poker players prevailed online (as they should statistically), and as they do in real life, then that would mean 80 - 90% of all people who sign up and deposit cash on sites like Pokerstars would leave and never come back after losing to players of superior skill.

BUT--Pokerstars creates NON-random cards so that they equalize play. Everyone wins and everyone loses in a relatively equal proportion, so that MORE people keep playing and keep coming back. If you deposit $100 and increase it to $300 over a day or two, BUT you then blow it all on day four, you will likely deposit another $100 and hope you avoid that "bad luck" again. Well, it's not bad luck. It's the equalization created by fixed hands. How do they do it? PS will tell you all cards are pre-selected before you take action. That's fine. So what are you supposed to do when you get pocket Aces? Beware if you've been winning for a while. You're being set up. The other guy likely has 67 of spades, plays badly, will call your all in and then flop a boat with 667 - or a flush that shows up on the river. THAT is how they equalize play. Hands are set up to reward bad play. It's that simple.

They're not putting a target on your back as an individual. They're just setting up the RNG so it's NOT a true Random Number Generator. Rigged? Yes. I think so. I will also see you on the Pokerstars site soon, and beat you with my off suit 72 that comes up 7s full of deuces after you go all in with that foolish Ace high flush you trust on the flop. My runner runner deuces on turn and river will end up taking you down, uh, about HALF the time.