Thread: Going all in
View Single Post
Old 12-24-15, 06:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Cypope
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyande2002 View Post
I am sitting with a pair of bullets about an hour into the game, and I am going up against another oponent who is trying to fleece me dry. The flop is J Diamonds, Q-Spades, 8 Spades. I am forced with a decision to go all in. I chickened out and said fuck it. I didn't want to be out of the game so early in the night. was this the right move?
If you felt it was iffy, & you're reasonably experienced, you did well enough, especially if the fear of going out was important at that time.

I don't usually go all-in with AA, unless I have a good read on the remaining players &(most important) I'm the one putting the pressure on with the all-in bet. If a short stack shoved, & I wanted to isolate to just him & me, I'd re-shove(assuming I have more chips, of course!)

I'd have your guy, with no tells, on a flush draw(9 outs), so the odds would be fair that he'd end up missing it, especially if I had the As in my hand(then he has 8 outs only)

But ultimately it's up to your philosophy -- I recognize that AA is the lowest hand type(a pair) so I don't give it, on its own, great credence -- I need my reads & knowledge of my opponents to help me decide (& flopping that 3rd ace never hurts, of course! *LOL*)

I tell people I fold my pocket rockets preflop, for good luck. . .