View Single Post
Old 11-29-05, 06:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DeiYuo
Make $$ online

Yes yes they can and do make money online. Will games "dry up" in the next 5 years? That has always been a fear of players since I've known the game. It only gets better and better over time. Even if it did slow down in the next 5 years I doubt it will be as "slow" as it was 5 years ago before the internet WSOP, WPT donkeymaker boom.
Can people make a living online, yes. I know many players that have and do earn a nice living playing online. Most of their rakeback is more than the 4 tables of 2-4 hourly rate. They break even and make 2K+ from bonus and rake back incentive. They are the lucky ones with big bank rolls though. I do know many low rollers who grind out low limit games about 3-5 hours a day and bonus whore around sites. They love to play poker part-time, pick up some extra money and with the rest of their day persue other hobbies. The true grind is clocking in to a job M-F at 8:00am and having to listen to some dickhead boss tell you what and how to do things. Unless you are the boss .
I think most of the viewers here do not understand this concept as I assume most are all home game players. You are all right though that 85% players are loosers but love the game but remember... most people play for fun or the company of others and just a few purely for the money. As long as this stays true the games will ALWAYS be good. It is the very fortunate ones, and extremely rare, who play for fun, enjoy others company AND earn a profit who have it good. Those players who play purely for a profit end up being miserable grinders that you, like myself, despise.
Have a nice day.
DeiYuo