View Single Post
Old 07-11-09, 10:25 PM

pokerstars

i never write answers in these forums. i guess im just truly bored today. but i read all these about online poker sites on here today and i got to throw in my 2 cents. like buck i played on poker stars and just about every other site on the net. i played online when it wasn't cool. played on the first sites built. ive been playing poker 40 yrs. not a tv star or anything but you can google me lol.anyway, i quit playing on poker stars cple yrs ago for about the same reasons some of you did but from a different perspective. they screwed me and a friend out of a little money and we both ( and a cpl hundred of my closest friends lol) quit poker stars altogether. im glad buck has done ok as some of my other friends that play there have as well. but anyone that thinks it's not controlled is mistaken. and ,as is true of every single poker site on the net, the biggest problem is the number generator. while they may all be random in their delivery of cards, live poker is not set up as a random delivery system like the online games are. in live poker the cards are shuffeld stacked and dealt ( hopefully) from the top of that stack. online the cards never stop moving, never stop being shuffeld. when a card is asked for it is delivered from a moving deck of cards. subsequently, the odds of badbeats showing up are increased and the number of hands played online makes it seem like they happen even closer together. i still play online, but not at pokerstars because in my personal opinion they are thieves of the lowest order, and its not about badbeats, just taking money that was in my account. badbeats happen i,ve flopped quad queens and lost to quad aces and i've raised with 7, 3 and made a strght flush, even flopped a royal
(made 90 bucks off it, sort of a bad beat in itself) anyway bad beats happen, suckouts come, and donks hit miracle cards, always have always will, and there are thieves out there online and off. its our job to spot em along with the fish. i spotted pokerstars and cple others. its your choice where to play. luck to everone and " good skill"