View Single Post
Old 05-22-05, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

To aggressive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Speaking of nights like you described I feel as if I am on a major unlucky streak. Knowing the odds haven't helped one bit during this streak. 3 days in a row have lost my entire bankroll for the sessions. All cash games 200.00 buy in max. Early afternoon, action is slow no major wins as of yet. Pick up a pot here and there. Action is to me, one raiser into a pot of 15.00, he raises 17.00 , I call with A 8 Clubs. Flop hits me square in the face with CCC. I check , he bets 15.00 , I smooth call, Turn comes, I check he checks. River comes he bets 15.00 , I raise after some hesitation 20.00 more, He goes all in and I call winning the hand with the made flush. Few hands later I win again with QQ this time taking a pot of 75.00, then the hand. Few hands later I am dealt KK, all fold to a raiser of 17.00. I raise him 40.00 more into a pot of 24.00. He calls. Ouch didn't really want that. Oh well. He just called. Flop comes RRR. He checks I bet 40.00, he goes all in. I am thinking omg, what does he have? I make the call 275.00 more to me. see where I am headed. He turns over his cards, holding 8 5 and the flop has an 8 on board. I am thinking alright I am going to double up and really knock the table around. So he has a pair and I have KK. He said I didn't think you would call, I was hoping you would have put me on a set. He said great call. Now the turn comes and it is an 8 giving him 3 of a kind. No improvement on the river for me. He wins and I take my little left over s and try to build back up. An hour later I am leaving with my tail tucked between my legs. Bad beat or temporary set back. either way it hurts. LOL.
Next day, I start over with another 200.00 buy in. Nothing fancy in the way of winning pots. I have around 200.00 when this hand comes up. There are 4 people calling a raise of 10.00 into a pot of 6.00, so the pot has 56.00 with my call. I have 8 9 hearts. I said for 10.00 more I will make the call. The flop comes Q J and 4 hearts. Wow another flopped flush. With a gut shot draw to the str8 flush. Very good. There is guy who has about 80.00 in his stack. He goes all in. He is in front of me. I go all in to shut out any other callers. So now I have all my chips in the middle ( money ) the rest of the folks fold except one guy who calls my all in. He has around the same amount of chips I do. He turns over Q 10 for two pair, the first all in turns over A Q. For top pair. I turn over the made flush, with the gut shot , however that is negated when the 10 the first all in made was the 10 hearts. Still sitting pretty on the turn. Nothing, then the river, mister two pair gets a Q , the case Q, the only one left in the deck Queen to make a boat. I lose and this guy wins. I buy back in for 100.00 more. Three hands later I get a raiser after my initial raise. He raises it 65.00 more putting him all in. I have KK, I make the call. He turns over A 6 . I think please no Aces. Sure enough, flop gives him an A. I lose that pot. I go home.
2 days later in another game, I am down to 125.00 and am dealt A 9 Spades. I call a raise of 15.00. 2 more callers behind me. Ok, not bad. Flop comes Spade Spade Ace of Heart. Don't care what card. I see black. The original raiser bets out 25.00, I raise all in and another guy goes all in for 50.00 more, the original raiser calls my all in. The Turn is an A of spades. I go yes, I am now with a flush and the original bettor has a set of 3's and the 50.00 all in has 2 Aces now. The river brings another A, I lose a pot to a full house and quad Aces. I am in no mans land now with these three days of getting my money in with the best hand and losing this way. I know it is poker and eventually the luck will swing again, but dang this sure hurts. So knowing the math is where you can set your self a apart from others , but if lady luck is not there nor is your bank roll. Hang it up. You are going to lose.
Have you ever thought you need to slow down a little? I don't feel sorry for you at all.