Thread: Bad Beat Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-19-05, 09:19 PM
TheRempel

Home Game

Playing in a $0.25/$0.50 NL home game, the average pot is about $40-$60. People are playing incredibly loose. I\'m horribly short stacked with my last $20 versus five other people with at least $80 in fron of them, mostly because the perp on my left had pulled of a miracle runner runner straight flush against my AK high flush several hands before. I get dealt red KK in the BB. One raise and everyone just calls. I played it up, checking my watch to see the time so people would think I justed wanted to get out of there, and pushed all my chips in. Everyone folds back over to the perp in the small blind who stares me down and pushes in. I flip the cowboys, he glares at me and almost mucks his hand right there. He flips up his 3c6c and I\'m elated. I\'m going to triple up. The flop comes Ks 4c 7c giving me trip kings and the perp twelve outs - eight to the flush, four to the straight. The case King of clubs comes on the turn, giving him his flush but me Quad Kings. I thought I was going to pass out. Only the second time I\'ve ever had four-of-a-kind anything in hold\'em. He refuses to believe he\'s beat, and he\'s right. I don\'t think I need to say what card came next.