Thread: Bad Beat Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-08-04, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

High-Stakes Home Game

I am at a friends house playing high-stakes No limit hold \'em, there were only five of us playing at the table. ($100-$500 buy in, $5/$10 blinds). One player folds in front of me, I am before the dealer and I fold [2c/6h], after me the dealer folds. Anyway, the small blind calls the blind and raises $100, at this point we are all thinking there is no way the big blind will call that unless he is holding a monster. My friend, the big blind, calls the $100 and reraises another $100, me and the other players are all stund at this point, the small blind reraises him all-in quickly. My friend moves his chips in and they flip their cards...the small blind has [Ah/Ac], here is the crazy part...my friend has [As/Ad]. We all stand up amazed and laugh about it, we are all thinking split pot. Well we have to show the board cards. The first card is [9s], second card is [Jh], and the third card to end the flop was the [3s]. I look at the flop and say, Runner spades...everyone gets quiet and we watch 4th street and the river... both cards spades...the [Ks] and the [6s] giving my friend a spade flush. It may not have been the worst bad beat...but it was a CRAZY bad beat.