View Single Post
Old 09-24-09, 10:33 AM

I kept a spreadsheet until a few months ago, mainly cos Im a tight sod. But i'm also a lazy sod so I bought Holdem Manager. It's got some impressive stuff on and logs every hand detail and it's just a one off payment....i hope. Tracker and office looked like they wanted $90/year which turned me off those softwares.

I literally only use them to keep track of my own hands, although it's great to see one opponant cont bets 32% and another 62%, I think one could only profit from utilizing this information on vegetables. I love this fad of tuning up your game according to 'optimum' strategy, e.g. your river play is 32% more aggressive than optimal. Optimal play is exploiting your opponants strategy, whatever it takes. To prove my point, theres a site that ranks players according to this 'optimal' play, and Phil Ivey got a grade F, made the most money online in the world so obviously a deserved grade.

Spreadsheets are good but a tracking software is far more efficient, just don't get bogged down with stats.