Thread: Bad Beat Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-13-06, 09:50 AM
MCPPANTS

Absolute Poker

Yup Im pretty new to this online poker thing. I really enjoy playing live or online and I\'d like to think that I am a little better than my average opponent. Anyway made a small (very small) deposit and turned it into over 500 in a week playing cheap NL cash games and 1/2 stud. I didnt really want to leave those games for higher limits because they were my bread and butter. Well one day i was just looking at a 1/2 blinds Nl cash game. It was weaker that the .25 .50 that I was playing. Every player except for 1 was under the min buy in. And the 1 guy who actually had over 200 was HAMMERED! The guy couldnt get a message on the chat board that was even readable not to mention he went all in 3 out of the 5 hands that i observed. Needless to say I liked my chances. Sat down and in about 15 minutes I had 150 (125 dollar buy in) and was looking at mid position kk. Fishman (the drunken 1.) raises to 10, i re raise 25 in hopes that he would push them yet again. He did just that. I instcall and and am thrilled to see not even an ace, but a k/3 clubs. I was not thrilled to see three clubs on the flop. (sigh!) My table was berating him. I didnt bother. That was the most money that I had ever had in a single pot and it coincided beautifully w/ the worst most hideous beat that I could ever imagine. Like I said the table was berating him saying he was tilting and he replies. \"yea rigjt im tlitting.\" I have to end this post now and go vomit. Thanks for lending an ear!