View Single Post
Old 11-05-09, 04:51 PM
Unconfirmed Email

Send a message via AIM to craftart2003 Send a message via Yahoo to craftart2003
Slow Playing Aces

I've been playing a while and moved from Tournaments to cash games, but in both there is a thing I learned from playing 2,5 500 max cash games. Does not matter what seat or who you are playing, if you have AA preflop you raise, and if someone has already raised you re-raise BIG!

From your play, I understand the want to get value, but as noted, against such a terrible player, you are MORE likely to get outdrawn by flat calling and not knowing where you are in the hand.

I do like the fact that it was stated to push all in, over the top of the allin shove, Preflop, to isolate, take the 8k pot and remain the chip leader on your table. There will be better spots later in the game to get your money in by slow playing.

The money odds, small pocket pairs, and suited connectors will all have a chance to beat you if you slow play and after all your hard work, do you really want to give away the chance to make the money??

The hand after the flop was played well. You received max value but in the end you got unlucky. In the future, in tournaments, with an all in shove in front of you, with KK or AA, I would reshove to isolate and end it there. If a poor player wants to come along for the ride, there is nothing you can do, but keep your fingers crossed that you don't get outdrawn.

One last thing, when people make rude comments or waste your time on discussion boards, just ignore them, don't make it a flame war about who is right or wrong; Just listen to the information you requested, which is feedback on how the hand was played.

Good luck.