View Single Post
Old 08-09-09, 10:12 AM

At low stakes (and some higher stake SNG's) because of the abundance of calling stations I'd favour the tighter game because there's no need to project an image if they'll pay you off anyway, so tight is probably the max profit anyway, coupled with less variance and you got a winner. This is in practice, but in theory, if you make 3/BB in one style and 2/BB in another, always favour the 3/BB but adjust your bankroll to cope with the swings. The cards will do what they want but at the end of the year it's like your boss asking if you want to be payed $20k or $30k, gotta go for maximum profit.

When it comes to my bankroll, im not even in the same ballpark as Chris Ferguson, I usually have around 35-40 buyins, for 2 reasons.
1. The epic downswing is always just around the corner, don't want to go broke.
2. When that swing hits, whats gonna happen to your game when you see that your bankrolls been inhialated, TILTMANIA!!

Suppose you have $2k using fergusons 5% rule and had a swing like i just had, you would have around $600 left!!! Don't know about you but I'd probably stick that on red in a rage. So playing a smaller percentage of your roll eleviates oober-tilt, puts risk of ruin to a minimum, and allows you to play your most profitable game.

Clawed a wee bit back today(sorry VA, i meant 'im up today!')
Bankroll stands at $7050