View Single Post
Old 03-29-06, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Getting lucky for hours isn't really that big of a deal. A few hours is a short amount of time in the long run. And it is definitely possible to be the chip leader throughout because of luck - if any tourney winner looks at key hansd he'll see that if those hands didn't go his way (because of luck or skill) then his outcome would have been way different.

That was a weird hand. At the end you only had th 2 pair on the board with a 7 kicker. A bad hand. But you obviously had some type of read on him if you call at the end so based on the read it was a good call. His check on the flop was a sign of weakness and his bet on the turn was a show of fake strength (since you checked the flop he figured he could bluff now). I think the mistake was not betting the flop after he checked.

When he raised pre-flop I would put him on a medium pair or a strong Ace (A-K,A-Q,A-J). Since the flop didn't have an Ace, King, or Queen I would assume he missed the flop if he had A-K or A-Q or if he had a medium pair then you could scare him out of the hand with a bet since there are 2 overcards.