View Single Post
Old 04-02-05, 05:44 AM
Unregistered

Playing with idiots is part of poker and makes us better players. It's like blaming a black jack loss on the moron who hits 18 playing to your right. That's why there still exists a huge element of luck in poker and why even the best player will be beat by a newbie on a bad day. When playing with an idiot, you need to play that against him/her and take their money.

QUOTE=Unregistered]for me, its sitting at at tourney with inexperienced players that you cannot bet enough to get them to lay down the flush and str8 draws. people who overvalue there cards and hands are the most dangerous to play against. Experienced players expect certain reactions from there opponents based on there reads. I was in a tourney looking to double up my stack. I raised preflop and every card there after. I had a crap hand, however. I knew my opponent had a very weak hand. the board showed A,K,3 on flop, 10 on turn and Q on river. This yahoo called a total of 5000 in chips with 5,10 down.

it wasn't a read he had on me, it was he was an idiot.

It easy to adjust your playing style to eliminate morons like this, but when you sit across from someone you haven't played before, beware of ignorance, I play large tourneys, very often, and this seems to be the trend. Most of these players have no idea what there doing, the only experience they have is what they see on TV.

Poker is about making correct decisions. when it all pans out, the better and more experienced players will float to the top, luck only gets ya so far.

My 2 cents.[/QUOTE]