Thread: Bad Beat Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-05, 10:58 PM
bubbagravelh

Live Game

3-6 Hold Em game with the BB jackpot at $28,000 and change. The BB hand is aces full of jacks or better. I limp in with QJ of diamonds with four others. I\'m in the 8 seat on the button. The flop comes AKK, two diamonds and a club. I\'ve flopped the Royal Draw, and by the time it gets to me, my raise makes it 3 bets. The No. 1 seat caps it and the No. 3 seat calls. I call. The turn is a J of hearts and we cap the betting again among the three of us. The river is the 10 of hearts, giving me a straight. Big Deal! The 1 seat bets, the 3 seat raises. By now I\'ve figured out what\'s going on and announce I\'m folding but ask the dealer to hold onto my cards. The one seat calls and turns over pocket aces for aces full of kings. The three seat turns over pocket kings for quads and everybody looks at me like I\'m crazy for calling all that way. After the celebration is over the dealer shows my cards and everybody sees how close we came to a 3-way bad beat, which would have been a REALLY BAD BEAT for the aces full, who would have been left out in the cold with a table share if that river had been the 10 of DIAMONDS!! My share was $800 and something for a table share.