View Single Post
Old 12-13-11, 10:01 PM

I was a supernova playing on Pokerstars last year and messed around a little bit at 25NL and 50NL before getting into 100NL and 200NL and finally making the full switch to SNG's. I'm not sure what the action is like since the shutdown of Pokerstars in March (I'm assuming you live outside the US) so this info is what the games were like before then. At 25 NL you start to see more and more average regs multitabling 10-20 tables playing a standard TAG style with some variations depending on stack sizes. Then you have the better regs attacking their style and exploiting the fact that they cannot keep up with the shift in gears of the better players. My advice would be to spend more time table selecting if you switch back to Stars because you have so many tables to choose from. There are a lot of good games still, but at the same time their are a lot better players as well. Just take a little extra time before you sit and don't be afraid to leave if the game gets bad.

My second advice would be not to worry about the bonuses. I worked hard at getting Supernova (took me 9 months) and the truth is if I would have focused more on my win-rate and not so much on the bonuses I would have made a lot more money. The bonuses aren't that different compared to most sites unless you make it to Supernova or higher where the rakeback starts to be more that 35-40% which you can get on most sites. Anyway, Good Luck.