Thread: Bad Beat Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-04, 11:36 PM
rekondyte1

partypoker

no need to make up bull because i honestly forgot the suits, but it didn\'t matter in this particular hand. i was playing 10-20 for the first time . . i usually play 5-10 and was doing pretty well. this hand came up. i had 88 and raised. one caller. i flop a set that also included a Q and another rag (which i forgot but is irrelevant). he bets after the flop and i raise and he calls). i put him on AQ. the turn comes a Q. This is wonderful if i were correct about his AQ, giving him trip Q\'s and completing my 8\'s full. on the turn betting is capped. the only card i did not want to see were an A or a K (he mite have had KQ). river A, so i am thinking OMG i swear he has AQ so he bets and i only call. i had him preflop, after the flop, after the turn, and he rivers me a better house as i lose almost a $400 pot . . . i felt like phil ivey when moneymaker rivered his Q\'s full of aces against ivey\'s 9\'s full in 2003 WSOP (only to 100000x\'s lesser degree) . . . and i smartly move back down to 5-10 after losing 1/2 my bankroll. of course this has probably happened to many people, but this was not a great way to start in my first day i felt i would venture into 10-20. the only plus i got was that the player said he would put in his player notes that i was a good player for not reraising on the river by reading his AQ. WOW. . i would rather win the pot, but thanks, i guess.