Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 06-15-04, 12:04 AM

My personal tournament strategy

In tournaments I like to play aggressive in the beginning and take down a decent sized pot. If I can't take one down early on... no problem, I still have other hands and chances to build my chip stacks. I consider myself to be pretty tight in tournaments. Well, very tight at times. I do well the way I play in tournaments. Heads up is not a problem, just keep trapping them... every once in a while bet your trips on the flop to throw them off. My tournament strategy is just playing tight. Loosen up later maybe.

~Derek

Last edited by DerekBarrett; 11-22-04 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-02-04, 02:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to PokerEnterprises Send a message via MSN to PokerEnterprises Send a message via Yahoo to PokerEnterprises
Cool premium hands

I only play premium hands I feel that if I can steal a pot or two during the first few rounds its cool but I will only turn over the nut hands .Always willing to take that best hand all the way
Old 09-30-04, 02:04 PM
Unregistered (Chad)

In response to Derek

I use a very similar strategy. It is usually a coin flip near the start. You will either go home early or make it to the final table. It is risky, but that's gambling.
Old 10-07-04, 05:27 AM

I never ever ever ever advertise hoping for future action. I feel any informtion I give to other players is too much... I prefer to be the one doing the gathering.

Lug
Old 11-26-04, 08:19 AM
Mark

My personal tournament strategy

I don't understand lugnuts comment. I use everyhand to set up later hands. I will often chase a flush against a tight player HOPING to lose a very small pot and change my table image. Or steal a few blinds not worring about if i get cuaght becuase i can use that too. Remember what you did earlier just as much as you remember what other people did. Molding your image to the table is one of the most important apsect to the game...I don't like it when another player can't get a read on me, I would rather have them think they have a read on me. If he thinks he has a read on you, mistakes will come by the truck load....Cheers
Old 11-26-04, 10:25 AM
Chad

Hey Mark, you drunk yet?
Old 11-29-04, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Split2

Im with Mark on that i play to throw of people all the time you must play for future hands sometimes losing a pot or 2 is a good thing down the road when you slow play the chip leader with the nuts.