Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 02-18-05, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Middle Pair from the Big Blind

In a limit re-buy tourney yesterday and ended up shortstacked after the break and this hand came up with me in the big blind - would appreciate any comments:

Get dealt QJo - 3 middles, the button and the small blind call

flop is AJx rainbow - I check - thinking betting into five people with an A on the board might just be throwing it away at this point - everyone else checks.

turn is another x of clubs giving two clubs on the board. Thought about betting but considered anyone with a flush draw would still have even odds and would probably call. Figured i'd sit and see if another club fell on the river with this many people in the pot.

river is another x of clubs - no straight possibles on the board - OK - this is a fold if anyone bets, right - everyone checks to the button - who bets. Had not seen too much of this guys cards but he was throwing around some high card/low card junk and I think he might either be going for a steal or caught a pair on the river or turn - If I fold I have 2 big bets left to maybe make a small move after the small blind - if he's stealing or caught the lower pair - then I have enough chips to at least make it through a hand where someone raises in the next round - lose and I have one big bet left - game over pretty much.

Anyone from middle bets and I'm definitley folding my J but I decide to call him and he shows me his flush -

Any major flaws in my thinking here -

Thanks for any input
Old 03-15-05, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Cool

u need to throw a feeler bet out there just to see where your at.betting here could scare out someone else with a jack or someone with a busted ace or u might take the pot down right there.if u bet in that position the flush draw might have folded leaving u with the boss hand.u dont need a strong hand to bet u need a strong hand to call a bet.theres nothing wrong with repping the ace when u dont have it cuz nobody knows if u have it or not.
Old 03-15-05, 06:09 PM

I woulda gone all-in on flop. anyone with an ace and a high kicker, woulda raised preflop, anyone with an ace and a middle to low kicker would probably lay it down (depending on the group) If your shortstacked, ya gotta make strong moves.
Old 07-07-05, 05:09 PM
Branden

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekay140
anyone with an ace and a middle to low kicker would probably lay it down .
Depending on how many people are left and stack sizes not many people are laying an ace down on that flop for 2 BB's.