Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 06-24-08, 05:02 PM

Exclamation pokerstars is a absolute joke

helllo... iam new to this forum jst like get my point across about how much i think jokerstars is a joke, it is the most untrue to life poker ive ever played in my 53 years ive lived, iam not blowin my own trumpet but ive won a fair amount of money in live poker, pokerstars needs sum kind of investigating because the amount of badbeats is unreal..eg i had pocket j's under the gun blinds were 1000/500 i had 24,500 chips i raise 8000, every1 folds apart from the big blind he had 31,000 chips he went all in, i had noticed this guy had been chip leader from more or less the start of the torny, anyway he went all in, i called because it woz late flop comes, j.3.8 obversily i thought jackpot, he has pocket 5's, turn comes 5, river comes 5, he has quad 5's unbelivable your telling me that not rigged and i didnt come up agaist a bot, i dont no what the odds on him hittin them to miricale cards are but they are high, that jst one bad beat i had, not goin to bore u wiv the rest but jst want say pokerstars are just intrestin in makein shit loads of money by robbin people blind, stay well clear if u are thinkin bout downloadin pokerstars you will lose to the bots.
Old 06-24-08, 09:22 PM

i have noticed that all the sites play towards the chip leader. i have had alot of bad beats on line and im just over it already. the worst that i had was i go up against the chip leader in a cash game. im holding Q Q one guy ahead of me raises i reraise and he reraises me i call and the flop comes out 7 3 2 rainbow. the guy raises i reraise and he goes all in the pot is 200 dollars before he goes all in for another 300 more and i got 200 more and pot odds said call. so i call and he flops over J J. so im thinking hell yeah, now hte turn comes out J and the river comes out J. what were the chances of that bs happening.
Old 08-07-08, 08:12 AM

I haven't played Pokerstars - so will avoid it as advised......
Old 08-08-08, 03:02 PM

4k-4a

Besides the fact of me never playing pocket aces on pokerstars anymore, because I got screwed way too many times...for example...I have aces, and I raise the pot, which now the pot totals 15,000. big blind calls the 7,500 raise, I have no idea why he would call unless he, or it knew it was coming. I found out later he has 9 7 off suit. I have aces. flop comes out K, 9, 5. I bet out, he calls, turn is a 3. I go all in, he calls with a pair of 9s to my aces, you know whats next, the river turns a 9.

Another story, I have Kings, the guy has aces, I am behind in the hand yes but still. Flop comes K, 3, K. I flop quads. He bets out and I raise all in, he calls, turn comes A, River comes A. I lose quad Kings to runner runner quad aces. Fantastic.
Old 11-11-08, 06:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to lollipop
There are definately bad beats at PokerStars - I attribute mainly to inexperienced players who call/check/raise with ANY two cards, no matter where they are sitting in the hand. The pre-flop all-ins are ridculous. I know AA, KK, QQ are all great starting hands, but with a huge pre-flop bet, someone is gonna call just to be a 'donkey'. I've seen too many hands to count that were awful, and I was thankful not to be in the hand. There is a lot of pushing/shoving at the tables at PokerStars, but I have learned to watch for these type players when they try to take that game to the real world. They are really easy to pick off at a cash game -- so I use PokerStars as a place to practice my 'donkey spotting skills' - more than a place to 'make money.
Old 05-20-09, 09:55 AM

All in preflop with JJ is gonna go wrong quite often, those runner 5's was just one way. It seems like an outrageous bad beat but it depends when the money went in, so on first viewing one would say the odds of your bad beat were bout 22.5/1 x 44/1 = 990/1, OMG 990/1 so rigged, but the money went in preflop making the REAL odds more like 4/1, you gotta keep it real!
Maybe it's rigged maybe its not, but every arguement for it being rigged on here is an amateurish misunderstanding of poker, maths and logic.
I also notice on these 'must be rigged' threads that nearly all of you play multitable tournys, multi table poker is all about getting shafted in unlikely ways 95% of the time, of course your gonna get sucked out on, of course bad players are gonna get rewarded, cos you're playing 1000's of the f***ers! Keep it real and find the game, site and bankroll management that grinds you a profit, good luck.
Old 05-21-09, 10:23 AM

Pokerstars is one of a few sites that has been verified by an independent third party as having a legitimate random number generator.

You play more hands online because the games are quicker. Bad beats are thus more likely. If you really think you have a case, you need to show that such events truly deviate from the mean.

And no, I'm not a shill for PS. I wish I were, since my PS balance is $0.00.
Old 07-09-09, 09:43 PM

No-one has got a case for stars being rigged for a damn good reason, IT ISN'T! I've played solidly on there for bout 7 months, seen some crazy streaks, but my stats show a pretty normal trend over this time period.

Poker is a sick/backward game, probably why it's so popular, but you don't get paid for managing to get all your money in with AA, or slowplaying trips to get called on the river, it's when you've been stacked 5 times in a row, complete bad beats and cold decks, and you've still got the tenacity to push through with a solid game plan and get it all back and some eventually, and outplaying opponents with mediocre holdings.

Think of bad beats and cold decks as break even money, or a loan! When your opponent's got AA and your KK spikes trips on the flop, you think he's folding?!!! Anything Ivey cant fold, noone on stars is going to, so be patient and it'll come back. If it doesn't, it's cos you've got leaks in your game elsewhere.

So from a guy with experince and 7 months of stats, take my word for it, it isnt rigged!
Old 07-10-09, 08:37 PM

Got to love these stories. They happened to me also.

Please keep in mind they will perfect their bots to blled you dry, only at a slower pace. This way people will say it's not rigged.

And I believe they rig the small money tables also. Why not? That extra $5 every 30 minutes times 30 tables will add up to a lot over a week or month AND they have the excuse that you get stupid calls which is why you get more bad beats.

But what people never say is that with stupid calls you should end up making more over time, not less. Thats just how the math works out if you play right. IMO thats the proof that they are rigged.
Old 07-11-09, 09:41 PM

It's called variance, thats why we use a bankroll. To prove a site rigged, you would need 100,000 hands with all showdown stats, do you have that? or do you have 10 hands that you remember screwing you over in the last week, i think the latter.

Bots playing no limit holdem!!! Happy days!!! Have you ever played a nl bot? They are chocked full of exploitable holes in their game, they follow patterns where the main requirement of a good player is to mix their game up. Bots would be a liability to the site not only because they can be exploited and lose, but if also they would bring down a multi-billion dollar business just to nick your $5.

Here's to things to mull over:

1. Ockham's razor (the simplest reasoning is usually the correct)
Pokerstars make billions a year, smart businessmen, how much more would they need to justify gambling these billions? 50x 100x? Just won't get that from bots and rigged cards.

2. Ive played a bankroll from $10 - $7000 over the last 7 months, had incredibly bad luck through it, but after roughly 110,000 hands, my roi's and BB/100 are just right. Im so sure it's not rigged because my stats show it to be random.

90% of pokerplayers lose, im guessing alot of people in this forum are in that 90%, blaming the cards is just retarded. After playing for a few years and reading loads of books, i still found it hard to grind a profit on pokerstars, i thought it was rigged, but poker is a game of deep concepts and mastering discipline, you don't have these down until you start grinding a profit. I was in the same position and what I really needed was to come onto a forum like this and read:

POKERSTARS IS NOT RIGGED, I PLAY THERE, HAVE LOADS OF STATS, AND THEIR GAMES ARE FAIR AND RANDOMLY DEALT.

So I could pull my thumb out, stop crying and blaming the site, and really learn how to exploit my opponents. Most days are gonna feel like you're the unluckiest sod in the world, but in 6 months you WILL have the money you deserve. Good luck and dont tilt!
Old 07-11-09, 10:25 PM

pokerstars

i never write answers in these forums. i guess im just truly bored today. but i read all these about online poker sites on here today and i got to throw in my 2 cents. like buck i played on poker stars and just about every other site on the net. i played online when it wasn't cool. played on the first sites built. ive been playing poker 40 yrs. not a tv star or anything but you can google me lol.anyway, i quit playing on poker stars cple yrs ago for about the same reasons some of you did but from a different perspective. they screwed me and a friend out of a little money and we both ( and a cpl hundred of my closest friends lol) quit poker stars altogether. im glad buck has done ok as some of my other friends that play there have as well. but anyone that thinks it's not controlled is mistaken. and ,as is true of every single poker site on the net, the biggest problem is the number generator. while they may all be random in their delivery of cards, live poker is not set up as a random delivery system like the online games are. in live poker the cards are shuffeld stacked and dealt ( hopefully) from the top of that stack. online the cards never stop moving, never stop being shuffeld. when a card is asked for it is delivered from a moving deck of cards. subsequently, the odds of badbeats showing up are increased and the number of hands played online makes it seem like they happen even closer together. i still play online, but not at pokerstars because in my personal opinion they are thieves of the lowest order, and its not about badbeats, just taking money that was in my account. badbeats happen i,ve flopped quad queens and lost to quad aces and i've raised with 7, 3 and made a strght flush, even flopped a royal
(made 90 bucks off it, sort of a bad beat in itself) anyway bad beats happen, suckouts come, and donks hit miracle cards, always have always will, and there are thieves out there online and off. its our job to spot em along with the fish. i spotted pokerstars and cple others. its your choice where to play. luck to everone and " good skill"
Old 07-13-09, 08:37 AM

If they took your money AND your friends money, then that's either a freak coincidence or you two were colluding or giving great reason to believe you were colluding. A constantly shuffled pack has no more chance of bad beats than a regular live shuffle, still the same odds of hitting specific sets of cards.

You say stars are thieves but give no reason for this comment, if you're going to accuse a site of dishonesty you might aswell tell your whole story and experience, aswell as the fact we all have alot of money on these sites and should know any pitfalls with perticular sites.
Old 07-13-09, 05:58 PM

If you were talking to me then you were wrong, way wrong. I have been playing poker for 6-7 years. I played well over 100,000 hands of poker online. It's not rocket science.

I can play cash games and win or at least hold my own but for some reason I suck at internet poker LOL. Are you going to reply with some retarded speech about how internet poker is different? I know it is Duh! But it's still mainly about odds and placing the right bets.

And you are so wrong it's stupid on the "Why would they risk it" BS. That right there makes me think you work for Pokerstars. And before anyone thinks anything....just remember how easy it is to Google "Pokerstars" to find threads just like this. And you know they hire plenty of promoters so you put two and two together.

Goldman sacs makes enough money, I'm sure they do not bend and rules. Same for Enron, AIG, or any of the big corporations now caught in fraud LOL...
Old 07-13-09, 06:21 PM

And BTW - They do it to make more money.

Why?

They do not have their servers in countries where any American can sue. They can do whatever they want. Are you going to go to Iran(some poker sites are based there, I do not know for sure where Pokerstars is) and steal the software so you can have proof?
Old 07-13-09, 08:25 PM

90% of poker players lose and pokerstars is a tough site, if in 100,000 hands you havent made much you can pretty much guarantee it's to do with one of the above, holding your owns no good when the site takes a rake, you'll still lose.

Im not saying i'm 100% its not fixed, cos as with most things, you can never be certain but one can make an educated judgement call. Multi billion dollar business involved in fraud or couch-masterbater's poker game isn't up to scratch?

Im writing this even though ive literally just had a cold-deck and 2 river bad beats, it has been the same all week, nightmare. But my reads have been great, stayed off tilt, managing my bankroll well, and have earned a good amount over last 7 months, so why would pokerstars favour me in their grand scheme to alienate millions of paying customers?

I'm 99% sure there are wholes in your game that are being exploited, you can patch these, or deny they exist but this is very expensive. And of course, the ol' accusations of 'I work for pokerstars' blah blah. If I worked for pokerstars, I wouldn't be aloud on their site so if you'd like to pay a visit to my table one day, you'd be more than welcome, just say so in your next post and i'll arrange a heads-up game.
Old 07-25-09, 02:07 PM

Bodog "Golden Seat" - True Story

I've been playing Bodog for a several months and like many on these forums have seen/reported, time and time again, I would see a straight undone by a flush, undone by a boat, all in the same hand! So anyways, it all started smelling a bit fishy for my liking, then finally the proof came.. here is my story, it happened to me personally so I know it's true:
You know how the final winning hand is displayed with the active cards highlighted and the unused cards not-highlighted? Well, on a deal ($10 tourney), I'm BB and I get 7/9os, 3 guys limp in and I check. Flop comes K/Q/6 and guess what, my hole 7/9 and the board 6 are highlighted on my screen, with board K/Q not-highlighted. First guy checks and next guy throws out 4x BB. Next guy folds and action to me: I'm thinking, "no way, but let's see", so I call. Next guy folds, so it's me and one other.
Turn comes and it's 10; the 10 is also highlighted on the board. Now I'm thinking "holy crap, it's really going to happen". I check and the other guy throws out a pot bet and I call, because now I have to know.
River comes and sure enough, it's an 8 and it's highlighted. I throw out a weak bet and he goes over the top, with me re-raising to take his stack with his pair of Ks.
Up to this point, I had my doubts about this site, but this was blatant proof that something is just not right on the site.

Say what you will about bad beats, loose players, monster hands etc etc,, but when the software shows you that you have the winning hand before it's dealt, then I would consider that to be undeniable proof that something is wrong.. my only regret is that I did not do a screen capture while it was happening so that I could have posted it online, my bad. I'm not sure why Bodog would have this type of software running, as it doesn't seem obvious as to what the benefit is to them (vs. a Bot or something),, maybe it's to create more action. In any case, there is something not-right with that site.

I'd say "good luck on Bodog", but it seems it's neither skill or luck on that site.