Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-04-09, 04:51 PM

how would you play?

Iam at a 1/2 nl cash game $100 min. I have $100.00 in front of me. I have never met a single person playing at this game before. Plenty of action, lots of good hands and a good varity of players from tight to loose. I have taken some small pots by a few continuation bets and have lost a few and folded more. The big stack is sitting to your left and has played some, but not many hands and has won most of them with good starting hole cards that he was raising preflop and hitting them. Iam on the button and I was delt QC, 10C. Everybody folds to me. I bet $6.00 and the small blind calls. QD, JH, 6C hits the board. I bet $15.00, BB just calls. 10S hits 4th. Iam two paired but a posible straight is out there. I check, he bets $15.00, I call. 8S on the 5th. I check he bets $35.00, what do you think I should have done?
Old 09-06-09, 04:40 PM

Have to call

He's betting $35 into a $74 pot, so either he is making a horrible attempt at a steal, has TPTK, or hit his straight and wants action. Best choice is to call here; if he hit the straight so be it. You may want to consider betting the turn quite a bit stronger next time.

mike
Old 09-07-09, 12:25 PM

Not sure what TPTK is. I was thinking that since this guy raises with big hands preflop AK, QQ ect and he did not reraise my $6.00 he was not holding the AK, KK or QQ. He might have been holding a KQ or QJ but if so why would he not reraise me on the flop. I keep thinking about it and cant get it out of my mind, because I folded. I should have called and took my chances.
Old 09-07-09, 11:42 PM

First of all you need to get your story str8, You said you were on the button which means you are last to act after the flop. You keep saying "I checked, he bet I called". Thats pretty impossible if you are on the button. You feel pretty dumb I bet, thats OK so does the first guy that responded and didnt realize it either. Wow, scary that you people play this game for money.

Last edited by jacktors; 09-08-09 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-18-09, 07:38 AM

what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder2 View Post
Iam at a 1/2 nl cash game $100 min. I have $100.00 in front of me. I have never met a single person playing at this game before. Plenty of action, lots of good hands and a good varity of players from tight to loose. I have taken some small pots by a few continuation bets and have lost a few and folded more. The big stack is sitting to your left and has played some, but not many hands and has won most of them with good starting hole cards that he was raising preflop and hitting them. Iam on the button and I was delt QC, 10C. Everybody folds to me. I bet $6.00 and the small blind calls. QD, JH, 6C hits the board. I bet $15.00, BB just calls. 10S hits 4th. Iam two paired but a posible straight is out there. I check, he bets $15.00, I call. 8S on the 5th. I check he bets $35.00, what do you think I should have done?
i would call this bet your getting 2 -1 on your money and u have 1/3 of your stack in the pot already
Old 11-18-09, 07:41 AM

you were thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder2 View Post
Not sure what TPTK is. I was thinking that since this guy raises with big hands preflop AK, QQ ect and he did not reraise my $6.00 he was not holding the AK, KK or QQ. He might have been holding a KQ or QJ but if so why would he not reraise me on the flop. I keep thinking about it and cant get it out of my mind, because I folded. I should have called and took my chances.

i would of called the bet based on the fact he didnt have a striaght or ace king; you had a lot of money in the pot u were getting good pot odds to call with 2 pair; my guess is he had king queen. he probaly had king queen which was not a raising hand for him.
Old 05-12-10, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohson View Post
i would of called the bet based on the fact he didnt have a striaght or ace king; you had a lot of money in the pot u were getting good pot odds to call with 2 pair; my guess is he had king queen. he probaly had king queen which was not a raising hand for him.
Please explain to us how this could be considered a fact when you don't know it for certain.
Old 06-28-10, 10:09 PM

I guess you should never get a call every time you push. You are almost guaranteed to get a call when the person has a hand that seriously dominates your own, and a fold when they have junk.