Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 04-10-04, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Who is your favorite player?

Old 04-19-04, 01:12 AM

Favorite player

Mine is by far, Phil Ivey. I am impressed by his ability to make a read on some, or anyone for that matter. I fail to see many mistakes come out of his play. A very talented rising star that you will see around for a long time.

P.S. I meant to say Chris Moneymaker. OPPPPPS!!!
Has anyone heard of how he has lost all of his WSOP winnings? Or is this untrue?
Old 04-20-04, 02:20 PM

I have to go with Howard Lederer as my favorite. Just that stare alone must win him some hands. Seems to play at a high level no matter what.
Old 05-10-04, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFlush
Mine is by far, Phil Ivey. I am impressed by his ability to make a read on some, or anyone for that matter. I fail to see many mistakes come out of his play. A very talented rising star that you will see around for a long time.

P.S. I meant to say Chris Moneymaker. OPPPPPS!!!
Has anyone heard of how he has lost all of his WSOP winnings? Or is this untrue?
I heard he lost most of it at a home game but you know how those things spread.
Old 05-25-04, 08:49 AM

Not sure that I have a favorite per se. I have to say I like the conservative-aggressive players who select hands wisely but then bet them aggressively. Playing against guys like Hoyt Corkins and Gus Hanson would twist my guts out. They seems to always put opponents in uncomfortable positions on every bet. I admire analytical players like Barry Greenstein, Howard Lederer and Eric Seidel. Loose cannons turn me off (Hon Le, et al). Moneymaker was out of this year's WSOP within 40 mins, but it's hard not to give him props for last year's win. People write off a WSOP winner as lucky - that's nuts. No one can win in that size tourney without lots of hands that were "lucky".
Old 06-02-04, 03:41 PM

My favorite all around player is Johnny Chan but Phil Lederer is right up there with him right now. If I had to learn poker from one person in the world, it would be one of those two.
Old 08-08-04, 12:15 AM

Who else, Dutch Boyd
The guy is not only a genious, but he is fun to watch and entertaining, and to top it off, he is extremely good.

Icing on the cake: He is young, so get use to him... unless he goes bankrupt again with Rakefree.com.......... *knock on wood*
Old 05-10-04, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomePokerGames Admin
Hilbert Shirey
Old 09-02-04, 02:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to PokerEnterprises Send a message via MSN to PokerEnterprises Send a message via Yahoo to PokerEnterprises
Thumbs up Daniel Negreanu

I really like the way he thinks and his play is very impressive to me.
Old 09-25-04, 12:14 PM

Definetley Mike McDermott for picking up KGB's Oreo tell. LOL, j/k.

I don't really have a favorite player since I don't really watch much poker on TV. Besides, if you have a favorite guy, what do you do when you find yourself at the final table with him?
Old 09-28-04, 03:59 PM

Phil Ivey, most exciting player to watch. Can really switch gears when he needs to.
Old 09-29-04, 04:37 PM

Daniel Negreanu

See above.
Old 10-15-04, 12:55 PM
Chad

Daniel Negraneau

Anybody who's descent can play the best hands like he does. But he has made some awesome lay downs. Some that I couldn't think about backing down from.
Anybody see the tournament of champions? He lays down a 2 pair when the flop is 3 clubs and Howard Lederer bets his flush. That takes skill. I wouldn't have been able to let that one go.
Old 10-30-04, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

barry grrenstein(sp) - thr robin hood of poker
Old 11-03-04, 10:13 AM

Can't beat Doyle Brunson.
Old 11-03-04, 11:30 AM
Chad

See, I think Doyle's sometimes too aggressive when he shouldn't be. But don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorites. Did you see him in the WSOP? He totally played Fishman. He bluffs him out twice and then burns him with pocket kings the third time. That was some great play. His only real weakness is that he doesn't change his gameplay up enough. He continues to play too aggressive even after he regains chip strength after being low.
Old 05-28-05, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

willyswonder

Daniel Negraneau

TOTAL CLASS ACT
Old 05-28-05, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

dennis donnelly

i think dennis donnelly is going 2 be the best up and coming poker player he wss in the world series but got knocked out early on a lucky hand but he will be back next year
Old 07-01-05, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Gus "Great Dane" Hanson
Old 08-31-05, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Daniel Negraneu

he has the best handreading skills in the world and he has challeneged any ypoker player to any game. you gotta be good.
Old 11-25-05, 12:53 PM

devilfish

i cant believe no1s said dave the devilfish ulliot 1 ov the best alive today
Old 05-07-07, 02:22 AM

My favorite players nowadays are Phil Ivey and Daniel Negreanu.

Ivey because he is very consistent in making correct reads and bets play by play.

Negreanu because he is romanian like me, and he is the most entertaining poker player out there. Maybe Hellmuth is more entertaining, but I like Negreanu more.
Old 06-08-07, 09:34 AM

Thumbs up Ciaran O'Leary

Watch the rise of this "brilliant" player. His win in Event 3 of the 2007 WSOP, the $1,500 NLHE tourney was the largest event ever outside the Main Events of 05 and 06. He defeated 2,997 other players to take home the bracelet and prize money of $727,012.

A nicer guy you will never meet, either. The man is genuinely humble to a fault, and in a game filled with inflated egos, his presence is like a breath of fresh air. This gent is so nice, he makes Daniel Negreanu look like an axe-murderer.

His Irish charm is only exceeded by his playing skill, and mark my words; poker just might have its next superstar. One bracelet does not a superstar make, but it isn't a bad foundation to build on, and though he now calls Seattle home, there are whispers about in his homeland that his will be a name that moves Noel Furlong down a notch.
Old 02-04-08, 10:07 AM

Gus Hansen/John Juanda/Kristy Gazes
Old 02-04-08, 10:07 AM

Gus Hansen/John Juanda/Kristy Gazes
Old 03-04-08, 03:25 AM

I have seen that most of the comment carries the same answer. Mine answer too is Daniel Negreanu. I love to watch him play. He really displays some great skills. And he is very down to earth guy that is why i like him the most.
Old 05-23-08, 07:48 AM

T.J. Cloutier, Gavin Smith, Josh Arieh, Jonathan "FieryJustice" Little, Zach Hyman, Young Phan, Allen "Chainsaw" Kessler, Tim Vance, Bill Edler, Doug "Rico" Carli, Steve Dannenmann, Matt Stout they all have become legends in their respective pokering (if i can say that) categories. iam still a beginner hoping to catch them one day (dont consider it an overstatement, i will one day)!
Old 10-22-04, 08:41 PM

Gus Hanson, I'm jelous of his amazing play with some not so amazying cards.
Old 05-27-05, 11:08 PM

Daniel Negranu
Old 05-28-05, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up

how does no one say action dan harrington ke will make it to the final table for the fourth year in a row win or lose to make it again which he wil is simply pure talent