Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 05-25-11, 09:53 AM
threebanger879

Which poker site and book to choose for a beginning player?

Hi there.

I've been playing recreational poker for a little year now, and decided to take my poker game to the next level.

Until now I've been playing 2nl on Stars, but with no serious framework of study or proper bankroll management. I want to study

poker more seriously now, cause else, I feel I'm just wasting my time and money, if I continue my mindless grinding style

So I have a couple of questions I hope you could answer for me, should I stay at Stars and play the 2nl, however with proper

bankroll management, and build my way up, or is there another site better suited for a beginning microstakes player? I'm living

within EU. Should I think of rakeback deals at this level, cause I know that's not possible on Stars?

In addition I want to get all my basics right, and I like to study the game within a coherent framework, instead of reading random

posts only, so I've decided to invest some money in some poker litterature and it seems, that most places recommend The Poker

Blueprint, Easy Game Vol 1, or Harrington on Online Cash Games? Which one would be better suited at my level, if I plan to play 6

max on 2nl?

Thanks in advance