Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 11-02-04, 02:33 AM

Post Guns and Ski masks at local Tourny

Friday night poker tournament at my local place of play was robbed by four black guys in ski masks wielding guns and pistol whipping everyone. I was in the back seat of the corner table, furthest away from the robber and witnessed all of this with a 'calm' demenor. There were three tables and three of the robbers held each table under control by pulling hair back and pistol whipping peoples foreheads, spilling dark red blood over shirts, chips and cards. The leader of the gang dragged the guy running the tournament to the kitchen to get the prize pool, a small 1000$. The other three black guys made everyone put all their money on the table and began collecting it. After gettting the 'house' and then all the cash, they said, "every mother f())*&& in here get buck naked" and we had to strip naked. They grabbed this pretty blonde lady and dragged her into the kitchen for what we all thought was to be...the worst possible thing on the planet.

At this point you might be wondering if this is just a story...I wish and pray i could say i wasn't there to see all this terror...but it did happen and this isn't just a story.

The leader throws the blonde lady out of the kitchen and tells the other black guys that they should go...a collective sigh from all of us is heard. I had called 911 when i relized this was for real and when they made everyone get on the floor face down...i thought they were about to start shooting...i started telling the dispatch lady where we were at and to get the cops there immedietly.

What i lost was 60$...nothing more, people went to the hospital for stiches in there foreheads, with shirts soaked in the dark red blood from the head. My friend i was there with lost his walet...his identity, he was 'raped'.

A poker tournament has lots of cash and not alot of protection...it was an easy soft target and was robbed...if anyone else runs a game out of their house please take care and learn from this occurance. Know who you're players are cause we believe it was a one time visitior that was there the week before. It could happen anywhere to anyone.
Old 03-16-05, 04:58 AM
Unregistered

wow...this definitely brings a good point to the table. It was bound to happen sooner or later somewhere. Everyone should be carefull wheter being a host or a guest at a game.
Old 03-16-05, 11:28 AM
Suited Ace

Black Guys this...black guys that...

What does them being black have to do with your point? So much in fact that you brought it up repeatedly? I could understand if maybe you were trying to give a description in hopes of catching them or something like that...but your point in telling the story was to point out how vulnerable home and backroom games are...so what does them being black have to do with anything. Even with all that said I still don't believe the story. I'm from the south side of Chicago...I've seen people beaten with bats and shovels...I've been shot at and I've seen people stabbed...If someone busted in on a card game and started pistol whipping people, NOBODY would be able to sit there calmly. Your story just doesn't sound right...How did they even get in? Someone let them in or they broke in, If they broke in someone would have heard it.
Further more...welcome to the world of poker....Even if this story were true..games getting robbed is nothing new...it's very common for home games and back room games to get robbed. Always be aware of that if you play in these types of games...You should ALWAYS be looking for the threat of violence and signs of cheating.
Old 03-16-05, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

How can people have bloodsoaked shirts, when they took your clothes?
Old 03-16-05, 02:34 PM
SuitedAce

That's Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
How can people have bloodsoaked shirts, when they took your clothes?
And Furthermore....Who the hell stops to committ a rape in the middle of robbing a public place? You kept Identifying one as "the leader" how did you know he was the leader? The second time reading this it makes even less sense. Why do people make things up to post on here?
Old 03-16-05, 03:09 PM

Another thing.....Generally poker players are not the best looking or most phiscally fit people in the world. I just cant imagine someone ordering a bunch of overweight gamblers to get buck naked....the thought of it gives me the willies.
Old 03-16-05, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

were they black?

I just have one question. Were they black? I didn't catch the race from your nice little story. By the way, the black man raping white woman, blonde nonetheless, was a nice touch.
Old 03-17-05, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

More game hold-ups

I think they where black as we'll.

>1 killed as robbers hit poker game in Pompano

Teen suspect seriously injured as players resist

By Rafael A. Olmeda
and Shannon O'Boye Staff Writers
Posted March 17 2005

Pompano Beach キ A friendly game of cards turned deadly early Wednesday morning when two robbers tried to steal the money in the pot, the Broward Sheriff's Office said.

One man was killed and two were injured in the shootout in the 2700 block of Northwest Fifth Street about 1 a.m. Wednesday. One of the injured men was one of the robbery suspects, a teenager whose last known address was a block away, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The office is not releasing the name of the dead man because his family has not yet been notified. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel is not publishing the name of the 17-year-old suspect because he is a juvenile, and although he may face murder charges, officials have not yet decided whether he will be charged as an adult. The other robber was at large Wednesday.

Joanne Dixon, who lives in the house where the shooting took place, said she and several friends were wrapping up a small-stakes game of poker. The two robbers came in and tried to join the game, she said.

"I told them no, we were in the middle of our last hand, and they should leave," Dixon said.

That's when the two men pulled out handguns and tried to rob the card players.

One of the players , "Bill," jumped up and wrestled with the 17-year-old for control of the gun, Dixon said. The other robber tried to shoot Bill but missed, striking a 38-year-old man several times, said Dixon. "It left me in a state of shock," she said.

Dixon called Bill a hero for protecting the other players and putting his life at risk. The Sun-Sentinel has not been able to verify his last name. Sheriff's Office spokesman Hugh Graf confirmed that one of the card players disarmed the 17-year-old.

During the shooting, the 17-year-old also was hit by gunfire. Dixon said it came from his accomplice's gun. Graf would not say which hospital was treating the suspect, who was in critical condition Wednesday evening. When he is released, he will face murder charges.

The Sheriff's Office did not know the identity of the second shooter and provided only a vague description. Dixon said she had never seen him before.

Another player, Booker Bryant, 47, was treated and released for a minor gunshot wound, Graf said.

Dixon said she knows the 17-year- old suspect from the neighborhood and was surprised by his actions.

"I don't know what got into [him]," she said. "He used to be a good associate, but somehow he turned against me. He tried to hurt me, but he ended up hurting himself instead."

The Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with information about the other robber to call Crime Stoppers at 954-493-8477