Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 07-09-05, 03:42 AM
randommale

Kj, Qj, Jt, Kt, Qt

For hands like KJ, QJ, JT, KT, QT...if there is say 1, 2, or 3 limpers, and at least one of those players is a tight player, should you play the hand, because you could easily be dominated by the tight limper?

What if they are suited?

I think I may be overplaying these hands. But they also have good draw potential. But I lose big pots sometimes when I hit top pait and bet all the way but get outkicked.
Old 10-06-05, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

To play these hands, you must be in late position, unless you are in the blinds and you just limp/check.

If you are on the button, you should raise to weed out other marginal hands. This is a great hand to steal with because you might be beat by a small pr or two similar high cards, but you have a good shot at being ahead.

Good rule of thumb is don't limp into a limped pot. Raise and you might scoop it there or thin the herd and pick it up on the flop/turn since you were the original raiser you will get respect unless the flop really helped someone, then you can get away pretty easily.

In early position or middle position, don't feel bad for folding these hands. Just fold and watch the actions of the other players. You can pick up on their habits by playing fewer hands yourself and observing.
Old 10-06-05, 04:48 PM
Administrator

i'm not sure if the conversation is about limit or not limit but:
in limit - I say limp and look to hit or even fold if you want
in no limit - i wish i knew
Old 10-14-05, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Limp, but don't get too attached to them. They have great potential to develop into the nuts if an ace, or the right high cards land (also they have a good chance of getting well paid when the dream board arrives). Although, as always, the level of the blinds and level of the opposition need to be taken into account.
Old 05-15-07, 11:56 AM

All these hands are drawing hands. Limping late is a good move at a full table.

At a short handed table that is not very aggressive you can limp most anytime.

You should give these hands a try anytime you feel you can get in cheap. But be ready to fold in the face of danger.

If the players are weak, you can probably draw. If they know better, I would hold out for better cards.
Old 05-15-07, 12:23 PM

This is an interesting topic. How about more ideas for AJ, KQ, and KJ?
Old 04-28-08, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomePokerGames Admin View Post
in no limit - i wish i knew
LOL
Old 05-02-08, 05:10 PM

I play those hands all the time. they are good money hands. unless you are having a really bad night and missing the flop every hand.