Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 02-24-09, 05:11 AM

Question online poker scam

i am glad that to hear some honest player feedback. I have been playing for almost five years. Poker, black-jack, and some slots when bored.
I play pretty conservative style.. consistent play.
the odds always change significantly when you try to increase your stack with good hole cards. I can win some money and then baboom...Bad beats always occur after you cash out.
These sites are rigged.
royal vegas, full-tilt, ultimate bet. etc..

are there any sites where this scamming does not happen after cashout?
Old 05-21-09, 10:30 AM

Erm, all of them?
Old 05-22-09, 06:04 AM
Unconfirmed Email

Send a message via AIM to craftart2003 Send a message via Yahoo to craftart2003
Absolute Poker a Joke

I've played on AP for the last 6 months to a year and everything about their site, up to the most recent email from the AP Security team TELLING me that multiple players on tables I was playing on were COLLUDING. Once I receive this email, I stopped putting any money in Absolute Poker.

Who knows if they are rigged, but I believe the sites are pushing the action for bigger pots to collect bigger rakes. After Absolute Poker admitted to cheating players and offered me less than a 2% return on what was stolen from me, i gave up on their site and have told EVERYONE to stay away from that site.

I only play live anymore since for U.S. players, we have no security or safety-net to protect us against cheating, collusion, and theft.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-22-09, 09:00 AM

It largely depends on what limits you played on AP and UB. They are both owned by the same company, and the cheating you're referring to is when one of the people running the sites was playing in medium- to high-stakes games and knew everyone's hole cards. They're under new management now.

If you play micro- to low-stakes I don't see how you could have been affected by this issue.

As for OP's claim regarding a cash-out scam: These accusations have existed for as long as poker sites have been around, and they're baseless.
Old 05-24-09, 07:04 AM

craftart2003,
For the record UB itself never cheated anyone. The cheating was done by a couple of guys who used to work for them, none of the guys worked for them at the time of the cheating. As far as them stealing from you personally, unless you were playing in the highest stakes cash games on the site , the cheating had zero effect on you. And as for the e-mail reguarding collusion, I would appreciate it if the site I play on e-mails me to let me know about collusion. It's not their fault it occured but it shows they are on top of things and are catching and removing cheaters from their site. Despite what you may read on these forums there has never been proof that any poker site has been involved in cheating. Unless you consider these complainers telling bad beat stories proof.
Old 05-28-09, 03:20 AM
Administrator

I don't fear cheating much at all at low level, but I don't think I would ever play high level online.
Old 05-28-09, 05:54 AM

I kind of agree with that simply because if there is cheating IMO it is most likely going to be by an opponent, not a site that for some reason picked you to cheat against. So, if a player somehow can see another players hole cards or whatever he will most likely be playing a high level game. I have adamantly stated on this site many time I don't belive the sites are cheating for one player or another, I just can't see why they would spend the time, money, energy, to randomly screw certain players but many people on here disagree with me. I do however believe that there are tons of people out there who would cheat in a second if they could and it isn't too far fetched to think someone could run another scam like the UB one and see your hole cards. There is a big difference between thinking a site wants you to lose and thinking your opponent might somehow be cheating. However these guys who think its all rigged fail to see that the one proven online poker cheating scandal was done by players (I know I know they were FORMER UB employees) but the cheating was not done by the site trying to increase rake it was done by dishonest players trying to make tons of money. Look at how much money these big poker sites are making every second of every day, why would they risk that to slightly increase rake by cheating? To me, it makes no sense.
Old 06-10-09, 01:16 AM
Administrator

I pretty much don't think any of the sites cheat. The only site I "knew" that had unfair games was ProPoker, which used bots.
Old 06-19-09, 09:16 PM

I don't fear cheats but always look out for them, and always report anything dodgy, however trivial. Apparently most colluders are pretty bad at it, lose money, and get caught. The sites seem to be pretty hot on it too. Just wish they're could be a law on it, if someone cheats the stockmarket, they get done for fraud, whats the difference with the 'potripper' case?
Old 10-29-09, 01:09 AM

At lower levels the cheating is not there but as the cash pay out increases the scam increases and in online games the stakes are always on the higher side.
Old 10-30-09, 02:12 AM

Unfortunately, there is no software that is safe enough that nobody can exploit some holes. Don't expect that to be any different within the next years.
Old 06-08-10, 06:10 AM

Online poker scam once came out at AbsolutePoker and UB, where it was an internal scam disguising as a group of employees working within both companies used an software exploit that allowed them to see all the cards people were holding.
Old 06-08-10, 11:57 AM

You are such a concern citizen! There are so many scam sites nowadays so you better be watchful especially when they want to get your personal info or your passwords. That is 100% scam.
Old 06-09-10, 05:28 AM

And to those scammers out there, they must fine them 20x more then what they actually fined them and freeze their assets, make arrests, or be fed hundreds of poker chips lol. The fact that they destroyed the evidence makes them guilty. Wish online gambling laws were more strict.