Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 08-18-11, 09:04 AM
Jochen879

2nd on FTP freeroll...should i be happy?

I tried to play my best online poker and it worked. I finished 2nd and won $8.50. I also tried to do my best to win a little reputation on this site (i like it really much, and maybe now my threads will have more than 2 replies lol). If someone read my thread "Even Jesus goes on tilt"(it´s on the third page i guess), in this freeroll happened something like the second situation i told. Early on the tourney i was down to $500, but i came back and stayed with like $5000 in the most time of the tourney. I was playing to place top 15, but then afeter of winning a couple of hands, i was playing to place 12,11,10,9,8 and so forth and forth till we were 5. i stayed most of the time in final table with like $20000, and there was a key hand with me having like $30000 against a guy (who ended first) with like $23000. I lost the hand (the other guy went all in and in the turn he hit the poker of 7s) and almost went on tilt. I was lucky because on the next hand a was dealt crap, so it was an easy fold and i had time to relax. I was ready to play at my normal level again, but i didn´t get any cards to play. When i was down to $4000, i was dealt 99. I was ready to go all in but a player with $7000 in first position went all in, and then the chip leader (with like $90000) called. I knew this was the time to laydown my hand and pray for the chip leader to win that hand. I folded and the first position player showed AK against 66 of the chip leader. An A came on the river. For the chip leader it was nothing, but for me it was a terrible hand. After some hands, my stack size raised to $8000, and in an unexpected hand, the player who had $14000 went all in preflop. The chipleader called. I don´t remember exactly the hand, but i know that the chipleader won. The chipleader now had $122000, i had $8000 and the other player had $30000. After a couple of hands, i had $10000. Then, on another unexpected hand, after the turn the other player went all in and the chipleader called. I only remember that the chipleader showed 7s fulls of As and won the hand. I couldn´t be more happy. After having $4000 and ready to place 5th, now i had the 2nd place and the chance of making an incredible comeback to win the tourney. Along the final table i specially put attention on the chipleader style (don´t know why), and i saw that he was a really easy player to bluff at, specially betting and reraising preflop. After some minutes, i had $55000, and was the underdog just by 1:2. I thought i was near to win the tourney, but then it happenned. I had $40000 and the chipleader had $120000. After lots of raises preflop, i went all in with QQ. I was glad when my opponent showed A10, because if i had won that hand we would be even in chips, but an A came in the flop. I finished 2nd.
Now after a few hours later, my brain tells me that i made a good tourney and won $8.50 (i know it´s nothing, but money is money), but my heart is still telling that i was really near to win that tourney.
Well, that´s all. Maybe it´s a long story for only a freeroll, but for me any poker tourney matters.
I cannot wait till the next freeroll comes, and this time i´m gonna win it!
Old 08-22-11, 06:20 PM

Thumbs up A Rising Professional

Ok look take that 8.50 Bankroll you now have and buy in at a table for $1 and go allin every hand till you either get $2 or bust. If you reach $2 just get up and go to another table and start over at $1 again. If you lose rebuy for $2 and go allin till you get to $4. and if you lose again buy in for 4 then 8 and so on. there is no way you can lose 3 all ins in a row so if you play this way you cant lose and you can turn that $8.5 into an infinite amount over time Good luck and by the way chris ferguson never finished 2nd in the 1500 man ftp free roll and you did, pherhaps you are better than him. you may be able to now quit your job and play professionally on you $8.50. Good Goin Champ!