Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 01-24-09, 10:41 AM

Unhappy Amazing Full Tilt

Hello All,

Not sure how to start this. First , let me say I've been playing online poker (omaha) for about 6 years, paradise poker, pokerstars, ultimate bet and full tilt. Made money on paradise and ultimate bet, but its just beyond impossible on full tilt. Played close to 130000 hands of omaha in Nov, Dec and Jan, and the same patterns emerge. In 130k of hands, I never had one super run of cards where I was invincible for a couple of hours. Not once in 400 odd hours of playing omaha .... GET REAL !!!!

There are 4 or 5 'situations' that seem to arise over and over again.....

1) having the nuts on the turn, and being outdrawn by an opponent having 10 outs on the river. They are calling a pot bet, with a 1 in 5 chance of making their hand, and zero chance of being paid off if they hit. It's idiotic play, yet they seem to buy that miraculous card close to 50% of the time....

2) heads up, you have the flopped set, and your opponent a flush draw (not even nuts. You bet, they reraise you , and wish to get all their money in, heads up, on a draw that is 1 in 3. Bingo , that flush wins way to often, yet its a hand you cant put down...., and are expecting to win 66% of the time

3) You hit a monster hand, set and flush draw or 17 card st draw on a rainbow flop, or top 2 with the nut fluh draw. It always misses, when it should be hitting 80% of the time....Yet a donk opponent with 6 outs or less hits all day......

4) Opponent/rock preflop raises with aces, you call and flop 2 pair, or even better, a set. You check raise , and the original player manages to pair up one of the cards you don't have, or find a 2 out ace.

I'm no mug. I majored in mathematics and computer science at a top university. Had some very good , no, unbelievably good poker playing online friends. (PieJay on ultimate bet 50/100 holdem, and rocksmasher who used to murder paradise poker 2-4 omaha game for 4 years (lives in Hull, grew up with Devilfish. The guy is seriously good We've discussed many hands and many situations.

People give the same responses, 'variance', number of online hands, quality of opponents, etc etc. The scenarios described above deal with basic mathematics and probability. In the long run no amount of 'luck' should be able to outweigh them. Yet I consistently see the biggest donkey's on the site sitting reasonably stacked and winning, while good players are battling and losing.

Something is not right with Fulltilt. Either their RNG is flawed, or they are dealing action hands, or have shills, or setups, but its simply unplayable, except if you like losing.....
Old 02-24-09, 06:46 AM

would it help if I stated that it makes no sense for these sites to not be honest. else they would lose business.. thats what the site lobbyist would reply.. it is good to actually hear some honesty of player experience. It get a lot worse if you withdraw and then keeping playing at the site...
Old 02-26-09, 12:06 PM

Thumbs up

I wanted to wait until I had sufficient evidence to address this topic. But I've finally reached 1,000,000 hands played, and the online poker rooms are definitely not rigged. Sorry, you all can stop complaining now. See you at the tables!

FTP Support/Player/Software Manipulator
Old 03-08-09, 01:00 AM

What I don't understand is that everyone always complains about theses sites being rigged. How could they possibly be rigged against everyone? If it is rigged against some people it would have to be fixed for some people as well. How would they decide who they want to make win and who they want to make lose? They make the same rake off of every player in any given game. As for the whole withdraw thing, everyone says that but it is purely psychological, they don't make you lose if you take money out. The day I hear one person come out and say the site is cheating FOR them I will start to give this argument the slightest amount of credibility. There is alot of loose play online which makes for a lot of bad beats. Thats all, next time you see a bad player making horrible plays and winning all day use a website that checks stats and more often than not they are overall losing players.
Old 04-29-09, 06:36 AM

now I am convinced. the day a .real person comes out and says the site is cheating for them will be their last. bad beats should never follow a withdrawal. how could a site stay in business that way? Unless it is a computer prgram designed to maximize revenue
Old 05-21-09, 10:26 AM

The accusations of sites being rigged are as old as online poker itself, and they're total BS. There was one case in which the owner of UB/Absolute was discovered by 2+2 forum members to be cheating in his own games, but in no case was the software itself found to be rigged against players.

Plus, what's the point of rigging a poker site? The site makes money on every pot, regardless of who takes it down.

If you are going to be that paranoid, then stick with live games.
Old 06-16-09, 12:00 AM

I totally agree FT is not right I dont care what you guys say its just not right. Im up against a guy who is in the bottom %20 he just calls and then raises every flop everytime. I bide my time get K10 and call flop comes 4JQ he raises I call 9 comes bingo nut strt. he bets I slow play call river comes 9 of course he has 94 for a boat. Very next hand hes got Q9 I got J8 in BB flop jj6 He puts me all in and runner runner strt. This nonsense is standard and its just not right.