Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 01-12-05, 10:01 AM

Adrenaline Shakes

Is there any cure reduce/eliminate the shaking hand syndrome that often happens when a player has a made hand in a big pot?

Any other tips on other common tells?

Thanks
Old 01-12-05, 11:58 AM
Chad

The more you play, the less you will shake when you play. Just hold very still. and don't make eye contact with anyone. Sunglasses are preferable. No reads will be given off through your looks if you do that. Don't just do it when you bluff, do it when you play anyhands. If you are in a hand, only talk if it's mandatory.
Old 01-12-05, 12:41 PM
Administrator

I agree. The more you play, the more you will get used to it. You jsut have to condition yourself to be able to control your image.
Old 01-13-05, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

To eliminate your hands shaking it is a phsycological issue. If you think you're gonna win a hand and it will be big you will shake. In order to reduce or quit shaking, you must get it in your head that you are gonna lose the hand. This will put the adrenaline rush back if you really try and think you're gonna lose. A lot of discipline. Email any other questions to [email]jacobheinikel@hotmail.com[/email]
Old 01-14-05, 12:00 AM

shaking no more

Adrenaline is an issure when you hold pocket4s and the flop comes A 8 4 and you know the other 3 players are holding an ace. Adrenaline is a problem no more. A friend of mine who has a Masters Degree in Bio Chemistry and Sports Nutrition has developed a product that blocks adrenaline in the body. It keeps your mood very stable and doesnt put you to sleep. My email in [email]ncpokerclub@aol.com[/email] if you would like more info.

HMC
Old 01-14-05, 09:03 AM
Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
To eliminate your hands shaking it is a phsycological issue. If you think you're gonna win a hand and it will be big you will shake. In order to reduce or quit shaking, you must get it in your head that you are gonna lose the hand. This will put the adrenaline rush back if you really try and think you're gonna lose. A lot of discipline. Email any other questions to [email]jacobheinikel@hotmail.com[/email]
Yes, but people also shake when they are bluffing. I've seen it before and used it to my advantage.
Old 01-14-05, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

in regards to the post about the adrenaline blocking drug, dudes friend has invented: Isn't the rush you get off playing a big hand one of the reasons for playing poker? I dont know about you guys but I'm an adrenline junkie, and the rush you get calling a huge hand is something I enjoy! Why try to block that? If you want emotionless poker stick to Ultimate Bet!
Old 01-15-05, 10:13 AM

adrenaline

You should be easy to spot at the table. I played in a cash game 25 50 blinds...each pot was over 500.00. I can bet big, make a stone cold bluff or whatever and not flinch 1 muscle. If your shaking your read. And by the way the last time I checked you can deposit adrenaline in the bank. I feel as if you need every advantage possible.

HMC

I only made a couple grand in the past 2 weeks playing home games. That is playing part time. I
Old 03-15-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

alot of times when a player shakes he has a monster because hes so excited his hands shake terribly thats because tension is being released thru his hands.alot of people know about this tell because its in mike caros book.but u can flip it and shake all the time no matter what u have
Old 03-16-05, 11:40 AM

Try having a drink or 2....dont get drunk. But it may help you relax a little bit.
Old 03-16-05, 12:12 PM

Keep calculating more odds, the more occupied you are with that the less you think about your winning hand, maybe try to get a better read on your opponents as well...play your opponents not your hand
Old 04-26-05, 07:03 AM

Shake, rattle and roll

I get the adrenaline shakes ANY TIME I'm in a big hand...and not exclusively live games either. I shake even playing play money online. I attribute this to just being a pretty high strung player. For me it's not a tell because I am shaking whether I've got a monster or I'm on a stone bluff. The only thing I've found that really seems to help it at all is to focus on breathing (which is something else I have difficulties with if I'm in a big hand). Breathe in, breathe out...slowly though, and as deeply as you can get away with without giving yourself away.

Oddly enough, the biggest hand I was ever dealt in live play caused me to STOP shaking. I don't know if it's because I was absolutely certain I wouldn't be beat (I WAS--read all about it on my blog @ icemanpoker.blogspot.com) or what, but when I hit my straight flush I stopped shaking entirely. My only tell at that time was a raging woody at the prospect of taking down a huge pot.

Whatever you do, though, don't think of adrenaline shakes as something "weak" or other silliness. Adrenaline amps your body, and there's nothing you can do about that. Likewise, intense pressure situations pump the adrenaline. Nothing you can (or should) do about that either. Minimize the shaking as much as you can and then move on. Being a solid player more than makes up for the shakes and any "tell" you might be giving away anyway.
Old 04-26-05, 12:14 PM

I agree with the drinking idea. Three or four beers keeps the shaking down and really makes me play well.
Old 04-26-05, 02:49 PM

Lol

I agree, though I find that beer takes a little too long. Nothing beats a bottle of scotch and two or three tequila shots when you just want to cut those shakes down a bit. And it has the side benefit of making those K6os look pretty damned good...kinda like the girls all getting prettier as the night wears on at the bar.

Seriously, though...I firmly believe drinking while you're playing is suicidal. THAT SAID, I don't think a SINGLE drink before play is necessarily a bad idea--unless its the first drink you've had since prom night and you weigh 85 pounds soaking wet. The calming effect outweighs any (should be minimal) impairment of the judgement, I find.

Or a quaalude or two before play. That does it, too.
Old 08-23-05, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

just play more. at first i would shake but then the more u play u realize one hand isnt very important in the big picture and you will loose ur excitment
Old 10-18-05, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

I know its hard, But don't look at it as Money. If its not in my pocket or bank its just chips.

I had to learn to teach my brain to not react. I look at it like this, its not over till the last hand is played.