Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 12-23-06, 11:24 AM

How do you stop this or can you?

I am getting killed in Ring and SNG's by people limping with AA, KK, AK. There isn't anyway to prevent this or recognize this unless you see a person doing this, is there? If then you recognize the person doing this your playing into his play not yours. Any Ideas!
Old 12-27-06, 11:02 AM
zachary_897

How do you stop this or can you?

My advice for how to deal with this in a SNG is never risk all your chips.

If the flop comes 2 4 8 rainbow and you've got A8 and top pair don't automatically push in or bet too big. Make a decent sized bet to test him. If he sticks around for the turn and the river then I would check the river and fold to his big raise. I basically am always aware of AA KK QQ when flops like that come because lets face it, top pair is easily beaten.

I will push in with 2 pair (cracked slow played pocket aces twice like this in a multi the other night) and take my chances they won't trip up since I have just as good of a chance of hitting a boat. You can also bust the aces when you hit your set. My best advice is to never get too greedy and always make sure you have some chips left over to make a comeback unless you are almost certain you have him beat. Use a good Poker Calculator like Poker Pro 2006 or OPI. But I think Poker Pro 2006 is a superior product with tracking facilities and other advance features. I have come back from the very short stack in SNGs several times (150 or less) to place in the top 3.