Old 01-29-05, 06:00 PM
uk defender

james vogl i think.
Old 01-29-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

vogl ,,yes thanks very much
Old 01-30-05, 06:00 PM
uk defender

I havent seen the show where he wins,but from what ive read on the internet i think he is a student from London and not a poker pro.
Old 01-30-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

yeah, hes not a pro ..during the interview right before he won, hes telling norm chad how he has to get a job when he gets back to the u.k...he was saying how he doesnt find poker intresting , he feels its mostly luck...he a high stakes backgammon player in the u.k...he caught a great rush of cards, it seemed he was almost embarrased by the win lol...either way, it was fun to watch...
Old 02-13-05, 06:00 PM
goro

I lived in Hull for 12 years (Devilfish's residence) and he's sort of known around town so I might be a bit biased, but he is the sole and only reason why I watch poker on TV - the guy has got me hooked and I've decided to take up the game...all because of the devil...he is a bit arrogant but to me he is the archetypal poker player -- looks the part, plays the part, is the part!
Old 02-17-05, 06:00 PM
tiny tim

df is the man
Old 02-20-05, 06:00 PM
Shaun

Devilfish is one hell of a poker player. I think the thing that sets him above the fields of other players is his class at the table. UK Defender, I am not trying to bash your country. Actually, it would be the one place I would move if I ever left the US.
Old 02-21-05, 06:00 PM
Sephrioth

Devilfish... BEST player ever. my Poker idol
Old 03-02-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

barely semi-professional... doesnt know when to fold.... wins to many times by sucking out..
Old 03-08-05, 06:00 PM
Aspirin

England invented football but we accept that we are currently not the best. America (in the main) invented Poker, it's a shame they can't accept that there are overseas players who can compete with them and beat them. There is a good life outside of America that 96% of them will never see... Such a shame!
mikkyT

Actually poker was 'invented' by the Europeans, during the 17th and 18th centuries where it was known as 'poque', derived from a game known as As Nas in 16th century Persia.Whilst it is true that America has taken that game developed it into it's modern format, creating new flavours such as the immensely popular Hold'Em, they cannot take credit for 'inventing' poker.
Unregistered

Who gives a shit where it was invented..Id play it even if hitler invented it....hmmm actually if it was invented in france americans would call it TEXAS FREE-DOM
Old 03-09-05, 06:00 PM
Aspirin

You are actually correct, in fact some say it goes back before the game Poque (French) but the game as we know it is all American. The point I was trying to make is that the Americans feel that because they invented it, they are the best at it. You gotta laugh at them sometimes, they are so OBVIOUSLY pathetic at times.
Old 03-28-05, 06:00 PM
hilly (Hull Rugby League)

Alright Dave - how ya doin mate, playin a game at 12 Wellesley soon, if you wanna come round feel free. ok catch you later Dave.
Old 04-04-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

i know dave fairly well actually..weve had beer together and shit..ive played him heads up for 100 quid stakes and im up 10 3 at the mo..seeyas again dave for another home game and i`ll take some more dough off u
Old 04-26-05, 06:00 PM
Trapper

Never heard of devilfish until a couple of nights ago. e lost in the party poker tourney on channel five. till, he impressed me with his card play. 'll keep my eye on him!
Old 04-27-05, 06:00 PM
mcassie28

I do not understand why all this abuse is going on .... its a game of cards ... which i understand most of these guy do for a living .. i think the american guys are great to watch .. but my interest in dave ulliot .. is unique ... he has a style of his own as do all players whatever nationality ... if you read this dave i am your number 1 female fan from scotland who txt you on thursday night on live poker channel to ask you to come to scotland to teach me how to play poker ... comment with jesse maye was you did not know how old i was .. well answer to that is ... old enough .. so fancy teaching a scottish lass just let me know x
Old 05-02-05, 06:00 PM
macca

hey devilfish u r my fave player!!!!!!
Old 05-04-05, 06:00 PM
Mad Maz

Dave, you were the first profesional I started to follow and still my favourite player. I ain't in your league yet, but I'm getting there so hopefully I'll get to play you before you retire.
Old 05-09-05, 06:00 PM
This guy will always be famous

for the man that carries in everybody elses money. They pay this idiot 10.00 an hour to lug around the 400k the winners will get. Thats as close to money as you will ever find yourself...hired help
Old 05-10-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Omg I Saw Him On The Tv And He Has A Nickname And A Suit
Old 05-14-05, 06:00 PM
Someone

â€*his dude is so smug! I saw him against phil ivy and he won. Really , wats with the nickname "Devil Fish"
Old 05-15-05, 06:00 PM
HJJ

He entered the final table with about a 7 to 1 chip lead on Ivey and drew out a straight to beat him.
Old 05-28-05, 06:00 PM
titty

This guy is a pimp pure and simple. He gets a lot of action at the table, and away from the table if ya guys know what I mean.
Old 05-30-05, 06:00 PM
jedi

devilfish, a true legend of the modern game.. he's so good at putting people on hands.. i was lucky enough to play with him once, suprise, he won the table but i learnt so much from him, dave, i salute u , a true legend!
Old 06-11-05, 06:00 PM
Javi/TheCid/Gatamesa

devilfish is one of the world's best players and he would destroy you all heads-up, as he's considered one of the world's best heads-up players too. so wut if hes a brit. he'll take any of u anyday and time. englishcat ur a retard if u really played dave u probably couldnt even afford ur internet connection. i dont care if u hate the guy, if u say he sucks at poker then u dont kno anything about the game.
Old 06-20-05, 06:00 PM
Ton

Devilfish may not be the BEST player in the world, but being a typical Brit, he has the biggest character.
Old 06-21-05, 06:00 PM
Trapper

Just finished watching last nights match in monte carlo with the devilfish at the table.I take it this match is sometime ago?Oh well, don't spoil it by telling me if he wins or loses!
Old 06-21-05, 06:00 PM
Trapper

ENGLISHCAT!!!! of course he has a chance Question for you englishcat.I am a newcomer to this game of around a couple of months.I signed to a poker website a couple of weeks ago and i have already won about 20k.I would really like to give it a go live with the big boys, but not sure how to go about it without paying my way in!Englishcat..what is the best way to get on the circuit? Thanks for advice in advance! Trapper.
Old 06-22-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

Trapper enter some satellites on the websites to get to the big tourneys..shouldnt cost u too much.