Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 11-02-04, 06:00 PM
Chad

He's a decent player. Definitely underrated.
Old 11-05-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I bought his boook. It's a great intro to poker. Well written and easy to follow. Points you in the right direction to continue learning. His book is how I found this site.
Old 11-07-04, 06:00 PM
Linda

I met Phil Gordon in Paris of all places at the World Bridge Federation World Championships. The tournament had originally been scheduled for Bali but due to 9/11 the tournament was moved to Paris in very short notice. It was amazing the things that had to be done to make this move as a boat carrying all the equipment had to be found, unloaded and sent to Paris. The hotel accomodations were adequate but the bridge event was played in the soccer stadium which was a fair bus ride away. I think Phil would agree that a bridge world championship is every bit as exhausting as a poker tournament. One day, well into the tournament our tired team trudged out and saw a line of 5 buses waiting to take us back to the hotel. I said "ugh - which one has empty seats?" and heard a voice behind me say "this one has lots." All 5'1" of me (and old enough to be his mother)turned around and looked up and up and up and I'll be darned if this guy was tall enough to be looking in the bus windows! I said "thanks shorty" and he grinned and said "your welcome." Of course, througout the two week event I called him shorty every time I saw him. Phil dabbled in bridge for a while playing in several of our National Championships and we always found time to share a drink or two at each tournament. He promised me a Hold 'Em lesson next time I was in Vegas and I plan on collecting it soon.
Old 11-10-04, 06:00 PM
Mike Gordon/Phil's Dad/mikegordon

I am very proud of Phil and by reading the vast majority of your comments, I can say most of you agree. Every father should have a Phil. The kid keeps life interesting for all of us. We're all wondering what he is going to do next. Whatever it is , I will wager that he will be successful. Any takers? Personally, I wish he had turned pro, as in golf. He can really play, and don't think you will beat him at pool, or monolopy, or boggle, or crazy 8's. I take very little credit, he gets most from his mom. I do remember his calling cards at 8 or 9 years old. Phil Gordon, Computor Tutor.
Old 11-10-04, 06:00 PM
wizardofroz

He is one goofy looking bastard that seems a little too confident with his marginal poker ability.
Old 11-11-04, 06:00 PM
Marina

I don't understand how anyone can make the kind of comments wizardofroz made yesterday about Phil. Goofy looking?? I don't think so! I go nuts for men with dark hair, deep blue eyes, gorgeous smiles, and the Kirk Douglas-type of chin that Phil has! Bastards?? I'm actually more of a bastard than Phil, considering that Phil has a father who loves him! What I wouldn't give for my own father just for five minutes to stand up and say the things about me that Mike Gordon has said about Phil!! Oh, by the way, that's actually what makes Phil rich, you know! For all of you who think it's Phil's money that makes him rich, that's not so; it's the fact that Phil's dad takes the time to care about his son, to love him, to write about him, and to defend him as Mr. Gordon did back in April with his other comment. My heart cries out for my dad's love, and I don't get it, but Phil has his dad, so don't any of you DARE to say that he is a bastard! As for marginal poker playing ability, I don't think winning over $1,000,000 is marginal. Sure there are better players out there, Phil has said so himself, but he's a hell of a lot better than I! That definitely isn't marginal! (Oh, one more thing... If I'm "kissing up" to Phil by saying what I've just said about him, there is NO ONE in this world I'd rather "kiss up" to...)
Old 11-12-04, 06:00 PM
pokerbabe

Phil Gordon and Dave Foley are great together. Definitely better than Kevin Pollak, although Pollak was good too. The only time I saw Phil go overboard was when he raked Jeff Gordon over the coals for folding a hand with Angie Dickinson. Phil certainly knows his game and Foley is funny as hell most of the time. People who say Phil doesn't know poker is just plain stupid. I watch celebrity poker on Bravo all the time because it's fun and not boring like the WSOP can be at times. Hope the show is on for a long time to come.
Old 11-14-04, 06:00 PM
Marina

Mr. Gordon: I agree that Phil will be successful in whatever else he decides to accomplish. :-) The question is, WHAT will he decide to do next? Now that is something on which I'd wager! *grin* Personally, I'd like to see him do something with music. I read that Phil's a rather decent piano player; I'd like to hear him compose some of his own music. What do you think?
Old 11-19-04, 06:00 PM
gordon rules

phil gordon is an excellent player.... i am reading his book and it teaches a lot about everything u need 2 kno... i suggest it 2 any1 who is amatuer 2 intermediate
Old 11-22-04, 06:00 PM
richardeum

phil's got some big balls when it comes to poker
Old 11-30-04, 06:00 PM
djnpa_30

gordon is a really good player but hes a great guy ive had the pleasure of meeting him and talking through email,,,always very generous with his time and a complete gentleman
Old 11-30-04, 06:00 PM
Phil Phan

Gordon is indeed a gentleman and a half.. Only question is how does he get around w/ his wallet weighing him down
Old 12-24-04, 06:00 PM
Marina

On this Christmas holiday, I wanted to write because of all the tinsel, stars, gifts, etc, that people are talking about... Not necessarily stars in the sky, however, but stars as in people. With that said, I wanted to share this excerpt from www.denverpost.com's short article about Phil:"A sincere fellow with a love for the game, Gordon is convincing when he says a person with patience, courage and aggressiveness can rise to the top in poker. He's a star showing us how we might join him in the firmament.Maybe that's more pressure than possibility. Maybe our stars, like Lance Armstrong and Roger Clemens, shine brightest when they're out of reach.Staff writer Vic Vogler can be reached at 303-820-1749 or [email]vvogler@denverpost.com[/email]"I started to think... Is Phil Gordon a star completely out of my reach? For several months now I have believed that I would someday meet him and get to know him better but sometimes I begin to doubt everything. I don't want to do that this Christmas but when I saw this article the comment about stars being out of my reach made me think of Phil Gordon, wondering if everything I've been doing the last few months will be worth it in the end. Have a great holiday, everyone! *GRINS*
Old 12-25-04, 06:00 PM
Sherri/Sincitystarlet

I want to welcome Phil to Vegas.
Old 12-29-04, 06:00 PM
dawnydoo

Phil is a great looking guy with a v. sexy voice. love watching him on WPT on t.v. Is he married?
Old 12-30-04, 06:00 PM
Marina

As far as I know, Phil is NOT married *dreamy sigh*, but I believe he has been before. I heard this from a National Public Radio recording.
Old 12-30-04, 06:00 PM
Eddie

They way he plays he should analyze celebrity poker for a living
Old 01-02-05, 06:00 PM
Whip

Phil is definetly a class act and a lot of fun to watch. He was probably in Forbes for his company he sold to Cisco. $10,000 buy-in poker tourneys for him is like us average joes going out to a movie.
Old 01-13-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

If Phil ever comes to Lincoln England he is welcome to stay at mine. ( Saves hotel fees)
Old 01-18-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Phil Gordon is loaded, I don't think he cares about money too much.
Old 01-25-05, 06:00 PM
Linda G. from Rochester

Phil is so adorable. It is a combination of that you can tell he's shy (deep down), his deep voice, and his sincere and hearty laugh; too bad he's only 34 and in love with Shannon Elizabeth (just joking, Phil)
Old 01-26-05, 06:00 PM
skippy

Just wondering Phil - I have heard alot about a guy named Andy Beal - have you ever played him in competition or private game ? What do you think about his skill level ? Thanks
Old 01-30-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

andy beal is a texas bilionaire that sits in the big game at the bellagio alot...he wins some off the pros ..but for the most part i heard they treat him like a broken atm..
Old 02-15-05, 06:00 PM
killavanilla

Phil's awesome. Stop buggin. I love it when people with no money try to understand what it is like to have it. He plays because he loves it. I doubt he worries much about the $$$$. His book of tipes that he gives all the players on celebrity poker showdown can be purchased here: [url]http://www.philgordonpoker.com/philanthropist.html[/url] enjoy
Old 02-17-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

i like phil. i read his book and wasnt very pleased..its like he wrote the book in half an hour just to capitalize on the poker boom...sorry phil, you arent the next hemmingway lol...
Old 02-21-05, 06:00 PM
Ann

Does anyone know who Phils girlfreind is? I was just wondering if she is someone famous.
Old 02-26-05, 06:00 PM
melissamd

Wow. I didn't know I wasn't the only Phil admirer out there....I watch the show because it's entertaining, but also because Phil's cute. My friends laugh..but apparently I'm not alone...
Old 02-27-05, 06:00 PM
Marina

Your mama: It is partially because of Phil that I now have a life. Melissamd: You are definitely NOT the only "Phil-admirer" out there... I watched the show because of the celebrities at first, but now I watch C.P.S. more or less for Phil. Anyone: Did any of you who watched the game which featured Malcolm Jamal-Warner notice how "chummy" Phil seemed with Andrea Parker? They actually seemed like they'd make a good couple together.
Old 02-28-05, 06:00 PM
melissamd

Yeah, I thought maybe there was something going on there...
Old 03-02-05, 06:00 PM
Dirk Diggler

Phil is awesome!!!!!!!Oh and for some reason I enjoy showing my index and middle fingers up my ass while I watch I love Lucy. Can anyone in here ralate.