Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-20-06, 05:28 PM
Administrator

What's the biggest pot you ever won?

What is the biggest pot you ever won - in a cash game (limit or NL)?
Old 06-20-06, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Mine is $801
Old 11-01-06, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

how about funnest hand ever won

Here is a lesson in poker for everyone to know and understand.

a little backround first........ It is 6:00 am at caesars in indiana, I have been playing for about 18hrs straight at this point. Villain comes in drunk sitting to my left. He is very young 21 at best but looks 17 or 18. He smells of beer, not incoherent and mildly entertaining at first. After a few more beers he becomes increasingly intolerable. Basically he wont shut up, which is affecting everyones ability to concentrate. He doubles his $100 dollar buy in two plus times putting him at about $490. From there it went like this. game is $1-2 NL

Hero (ChAW) on button with 6♣8[/clubs
UTG staddles for $4 this is only of importance because villain does not know of the straddle. After three consecutive straddles on his small blind the villain gets aggravated with the straddler. He takes it personally that this guy straddles every time he is UTG. So anyways 5 players in the hand preflop raise was minimal $12.00 or $15.00 I dont remember
there is about $100 in pot befor flop of5♥9♦Q♠ small blind checks and the table follows
Turn comes4♠
NOTE- small blind is talking smack to UTG about his straddle the whole time and it is obvious he knows nothing about it so UTG is just smiling and trying to ignore this Idiot.
After the turn card comes the small blind looks at UTG and says "I put you all in Mr straddler, what are you gonna do know big guy yadda yadda yadda it doesnt stop. UTG is obviously annoyed and pissed but folds none the less. Villain is overjoyed with his bold move of $400 into a $100.00 pot and is still ranting at the UTG
5th seat folds
7th seat folds
Small blind is so extatic he does the unthinkable. He threw his hand into the muck
Meanwhile I still had my 6♣8♣ sitting under a chip in plain sight in front of him
UTG looks at chaw and says if I were you I would call right here.
Chaw looks at the villain says "SORRY DUDE" and calls
Villain is in a severe state of confusion/tilt and is trying to understand his huge error
Here is the poetry of the moment - dealer still must run the river card in order to declare the hand over
dealer turns the 7♠ nailing my gutshot draw for the straight.

Normally under these circumstances I would have probably let an accidental muck slide and I would have folded, but I wanted him and his obnoxious ass gone. He was beligerant and stupid. Not to mention sitting in my left ear messing up my concentration on the game. Everyone at the table agreed it was the right thing to do.
Lesson - understand the rules of the game before you sit down to gamble your money away.
and DONT be an asshole or even worse a drunk asshole

Easiest $600 bucks I ever Won.