Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 07-08-06, 01:22 PM

I won over 30k on Party Poker but I still think it is probably rigged, please read...

Hi, I saw this site and thought it was as good as any to voice my concerns.
I've played on Party Poker for several months now and I feel that I've have been getting better and better.

I started placing in the large multi-table tournaments about 70% of the time which is pretty signicifanct since only about 8% of the enterants qualify. Now this money wasn't very big because they only give most of the money to the top 10 players.

Whenfirst started playing about a month in I had won about $4,000 in one of these tournaments so I didn't think it was impossible though.

now as I mentioned about four months I was really started to get closer and closer to the top ten. I even started placing close to the money in the really big 30k+ for first place $162+ buy in, although I played those sparingly.
With some of these I was making about $600-$700 a week. Not bad I thought.

Than I started hitting the jackpot. In three consecutive tournaments (or close to it, may have played a small one) I got first or chopped the pot in three big tournaments! I won about 15k total. the tournaments had about 2,500 people, 1500, people, 1,000 people in the tournaments respectively. Now if you were to look at the odds of getting first in all of those tournaments, that's 1 chance in several million! Than I get terrible cards for about a week really terrible, almost too terrible. Than I stop playing for a week and I get second in a $100 dollar tournament for 8k.

I start thinking I should do this as a job so I take two weeks off and all I get is really really bad beats. 92% chance of winning bad beats, over and over again. 100's of tournaments. The odds have to be less than 1 1000'th of a percent. I said I would be will to lose half of my winnings to see if I wanted to try to do this as a living and that has happened. I played every big tournament available. I played in expensive sit and go's everything. and I just kept getting bad beats....

Now what I want to know is, how certain are some of you that places like Party Poker are rigged... and wouldn't it be very easy to find out. I still have records of all my games. Couldn't a statisticion go over the games and look at probabilities and judge if it were rigged or not. Anybody have a good site that discusses this in detail? I am very curious to know if the the site became rigged against me and all though I'm pretty good at math I'm not an expert. I would even been willing to pay an expert to go over all of my tournaments.

Does anyone know of a site that goes into more detail about this problem?
Does anyone know of somebody who has done a study on these sites? Someone who has a statistical analysis background?

Sorry for such a long Message but Thank you for Reading. Any comments would be very appreciate!!!