Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 05-01-04, 06:00 PM
penguinman1950

POKER INFO - Poker Taxes

ok, say in a few years i become an online pro poker player, say i make exactly 100 thousand in a year, while following the tax rules, what is the BEST way to pay the least amount of money in taxes, what numbers am i looking at? make 100 thousand and keep 75 thousand of it? i would GREATLY appreciate an email back with a detailed answer explaining everything. Thx
Old 07-30-04, 06:00 PM
Brigid O SF

California

What's the tax effect of winning a seat in a satellite, but not placing in the money? Is the value of the seat counted as income at fair market value, or--I would have to think--both income and an expense, since you're actually using it to gain entry for the real tournament?
Old 08-28-04, 06:00 PM
crittercage

Nebraska

Hello, I am inquiring paying taxes on Online Poker winnings. I was if being an internet player I am suppose to keep a log?
Old 09-11-04, 06:00 PM
OWNER

keeping a log is a good idea. It will show the IRS that you keep track of how much you made.
Old 09-15-04, 06:00 PM
mario66

Pennsylvania

If I win the Aruba Classic, hosted by Ultimate Bet in Aruba (outside of US) and Ultimate Bet is not a US company, would I have to pay taxes on my winnings? Right now 1st place is guaranteed at $1M.
Old 09-19-04, 06:00 PM
OWNER

yes, if you live in the United States then any money you make is taxable - no matter where you make it.
Old 11-09-04, 06:00 PM
Jonathen aka the tax man

Poker Taxes

any amount you make is taxable income, period. There are no shortcuts, or removing in small amounts. These will all catch up to you eventually.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 04-22-13 at 02:49 PM.