Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 02-23-06, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Newest Conspiracy Theory

There has always been various conspirct theories. The bigest one was the "cashout curse" - that poker sites make you lose after you cash out. There is always the "chat curse" - if you talk shit about the site in the chat room they make you lose. The newest conspiracy theory seems to be the "6 month rule". It goes like this: "I signed up at [insert poker site here] and played there for a while and did good but after 6 months things just changed. I start getting bad beats all the time. So I left and went to [insert new poker site here] and things are better."

I wonder if these people ever take into consideration bad runs. I don't just mean 3 losing sessions in a row. I mean the fact that there will be times when you go 100-200 table hours without making money. When I was playing I was a winnign player for thefirst 800 table hours I played. Then I had a 200 hour stretch where I broke even even though I palyed almost perfect and in games where i know i was one of the top 2 or 3 players.

When I played I recorded all my sessions and graphed my long-run equity. This gave me a more objective long-term viewpoint of my playing.