Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 06-26-06, 12:33 PM

Looking for a writer for a webcomic with an online poker theme

I am starting up a daily webcomic that will have online poker as its background theme. If you are a writer and am interested, please send me an email to stj-AT-charter-DOT-net and provide a link to material you have written. The webcomic will be a blend of humor and melodrama. A solid understanding of poker and specifically online poker is a must. Looking for a writer that can take a professional attitude towards their writing and aggressively build up a backlog of scripts for the artist to execute. Writer will be paid with a cut of the net profits for as long as their work is being used.

Scott Jensen
Old 06-26-06, 04:52 PM
Administrator

If I were you I would post on some writing forums (maybe Craiglist writing forum - [url="http://forums.portland.craigslist.org/?forumID=27"]http://forums.portland.craigslist.org/?forumID=27[/url] ). The reason being that there are way more people who know how to play poker than there are good writers. I would estimate that today probably 1 in 4 people know how to play poker online but how many people can write well enough to get paid? My guess is probably 1 in 20. So I think you may have better chances finding a poker player on a writing forum than a writer on a poker forum.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 06-26-06 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-26-06, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will pursue it.
Old 06-28-06, 01:30 AM

Admin,

I just wanted to come back here and thank you again for suggesting Craig's List. I posted both the artist and writer job postings there and have had a great response. Some very good professional artists and writers. Very happy with what I have received so far.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-06, 02:03 AM
Administrator

Anytime man, glad to help.